Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this video from a friend and thought I would share it here.

Glock 18 is the full auto 9mm.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Cool :) I like the little stock he's using as well, It'd make the G18 much easier to control!

We didn't have a drum mag, but I have a clip of myself with a Glock 18.
http://www.midkiff.us/jrclip/Chris_Glock18.mpg

Can't help but put a smile on your face :)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Someone sent me this last night. I too have shot the 18 with extended mag but that goes real quick!!

Those drums, well - he had to have burned up 150- 200 rounds there - glad not on my dime :wink: Awesome beast :smilez:

·
Administrator
143,583 Posts
Thanks acparmed

I've never seen that before. Great little video.
The G18 is a very impressive firearm.
You just gotta love that GLOCK full auto.:yup:

Thanks for posting it.
Appreciated! :usflag:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Blue - legal with LE, Glock sales rep's and dealers with suitable FFL accreditation.

Us peons?? Nope. Only way I got to shoot one was at a shoot where a Glock rep' had a bunch of guns.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The way I understand it, the Glock 18 was first introduced in 1986, same year as the ban on registering new full-auto guns. There might be a couple of transferable Glock 18's out there... I'm not sure of that, but that's the rumor. Good luck finding one, and it'd take a truckload of money to buy one if you did.

I think the FA Glock in the original video, with the drum mag, is a converted Glock 17. See the little dohickey on the rear of the slide? A true Glock 18 was only identifyable by the '18' marking on the slide, and an oddly out of place selector that looks remarkably like a safety lever on the rear of the slide.

The one I was shooting belongs to John Ross, it's a true G18, but I seem to remember him saying that it wasn't transferable.

**Edit: Oops, I checked the member list, JR isn't on here. Must have been thinking of a different board. Sorry

·
Registered
294 Posts
cmidkiff said:
Cool :) I like the little stock he's using as well, It'd make the G18 much easier to control!
I believe it's made by Fobus. I saw one like it at the Fobus booth at IACP a few years ago and asked what it was (it was just on display with no gun attached.) The plastic stock is formed into a kind of spike at the front that slips into the void at the back of the grip.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I was at a little get together at John Ross' place last Sat. and shot his G-18 (MP-5, Grease gun, Thompson, AK, AUG.....) John is a true gentleman and generous man to play host to a bunch of guys he really only knows through the internet; and owns some COOL toys. The G-18 is one fun gun:banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
835 Posts
F350, I was there, the clip I linked to was from 5/13. I had my 13yo red-headed daughter with me... (Hmmm. F350, -w- a 'glock9' plate... you wouldn't be 'Black Diesel' on MC would you? If so, we met at the picnic last year.)

JR is indeed 'good people'. In the state of MO, we owe a great deal to him for helping to get our right to carry recognized.

And yeah, he's got some cool toys :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
grnzbra said:
I believe it's made by Fobus. I saw one like it at the Fobus booth at IACP a few years ago and asked what it was (it was just on display with no gun attached.) The plastic stock is formed into a kind of spike at the front that slips into the void at the back of the grip.

Oh...sin...not Fobus.....:gah:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
cmidkiff

I go by "Transplanted Hoosier" over there....this site wouldn't accept it and I had just gotten my dream truck....SO

I do recall the little redhead; good kid; she was very well behaved and looked like she was having a good time.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Great video. I'd even burn a drum on my own dime. Once...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Production Glock 18s have the selector. I have seen other versions which are converted 17s with no switch or a switch on the rear cover.

·
Registered
835 Posts
'Transplanted Hoosier'... yup, I seem to remember meeting you once or twice. Hope to see you at the picnic this summer :)

I was proud of my daughter Kimberly behavior at JR's. She was a little spooked by the MG's, but John helped her out, and she did very well. She burned up about 400 rounds of .22 that day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts