Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if i purchase a crossbreed supertuck in the "17,19,21,22,23 and similar" selection, will it fit a glock 26 properly. I noticed they also have the selection "Glock 26, 27, and similar" So it made me wonder if the 19 & 26 require seperate holsters. I called them up, and the lady on the phone said to buy the one that you carry the most, and it should work, needless to say, I'm not convinced and would like to hear from someone who has done this.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does anyone know if i purchase a crossbreed supertuck in the "17,19,21,22,23 and similar" selection, will it fit a glock 26 properly. I noticed they also have the selection "Glock 26, 27, and similar" So it made me wonder if the 19 & 26 require seperate holsters. I called them up, and the lady on the phone said to buy the one that you carry the most, and it should work, needless to say, I'm not convinced and would like to hear from someone who has done this.

Thanks in advance
It will work, no problem. While the Crossbreed is a good quality product, you may find the MTAC to be more comfortable, I do.

YMMV

Lon

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Works great for my 19, but have never tried a 26 in it. The only difference I could imagine is overall length of the kydex, I could be wrong.

Joker1

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are great

I have a cross breed holster and i carry a glock 27 with it. I also occassionally carry a glock 23. This is the best holster i have ever had. It fits my body type well. It is, however, a holster and they all fit some well and others not so well. I give it two trigger fingers up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i have a G19 and my freind has a G26. before i got my crossbreed supertuck i had both guns side by side and they looked exactly the same other than mine had a longer barrel and handle. have not got to try her gun in my holster yet but from the looks of everything it should fit. i'm planning in getting a G27 and using the same holster for that gun also.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I was told that a 19 and 26 would fit the same Crossbreed holster by someone else. Might have been here. I have not tried it, but wanted to know in case I get a 26 down the road. Love mine for the 19.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If it is like the super tuck I got for my 1911 it will fit either. As the only difference is the barrel length. So the M19 might just stick through the holster some. Its like mine for 1911's it fits either my 5" or my 3.5" just the 5" stick through which in no way hampers anything.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I would think it would fit, if the holster is for the G19... I have several holsters, from different makers and my G26 fits in all the G19 holsters.... The only difference appears to be the G19 barrel is about 1/2" or so longer than the G26...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Funny - I just tried this on a whim earlier today. I don't have a Crossbreed, but a Blade-Tech IWB (which I think is one of the first Kydex ones) that I bought for my G19.

The G26 fit perfectly! There's a little extra room for the barrel of course, but the kydex locks up nice and tight on the trigger guard.

So as long as the Crossbreed is molded well (and I'm sure it is) then the G26 should work fine in the G19 model.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Basic frame diminsions on Glock , Taurus, ect. is the important part. Barrel and grip length don't mean alot as far as fit goes, the thickness and height of the frame does matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as crossbreed holsters are concerned, if it's made for a 17/22/and whatever the .357 is, it will fit all corresponding compacts and subcompacts.

Your biggest worry would be if you bought a holster designed for a G17 and carried a 26 in it, the leather would overlap the muzzle a little bit more than normal. As far as comfort, you won't even notice the difference.

You can also carry a G17 in a holster designed for the 26, but the muzzle will hang past the leather backing which will affect the comfort of the holster.

My personal opinion: buy the one designed for the full size, if you decide you don't like the little bit of hang over, you can always trim it to suit.

And yes, I have carried a G26 in a Crossbreed supertuck designed for the G17.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I order the 26 model CB holster. I looked at the leather a bit, and determined that the way it is cut, it looked similar to the Mini-Tuck model. The Kydex may fit for the other guns, but the piece of leather may have been cut to the size of the gun u order it for. I guess it would make no since to have that piece of leather riding down your thigh where it protects for longer barrel if your gun does not require it. Email them and they are likely to respond with answers you need.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one for my G26 but don't own any other Glocks. From the looks of it though, I'm pretty certain that the G26 would fit a G17 or G19 Supertuck.

Heck, I've carried my Ruger P95 in my G26 holster (briefly) just to see if I'd want one for it. Thing locks in just fine. The barrel end of the gun all sticks out the bottom of the kydex, so barrel length really isn't that important to the fit of the kydex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts