Defensive Carry banner

Glock 19 and Sigma 40VE

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jhh3rd 
#1 ·
I have a S&W Sigma 40VE. I also have a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I want to get a laser sight for it, but I can't put it on the rail because, obviously, it won't fit in the holster. I am wanting to get a Lasermax guide rod laser but they don't make one for the Sigma. They do make one for the Glock 19. I found a site where a guy compared a Sigma 9mm with a Glock 19. He says that the guide rod in the G19 fits perfectly in the Sigma. Does anyone think this would work?

The Lasermax website says you have to swap out the take down latch with the laser also. If anyone owns both guns, can anyone compare the takedown assembly on the G19 and the Sigma to see if they are identical? Also, how would one take the take down latch out? Thanks for any and all feedback.

#2 ·
I've seen a write uu about the two, as far sa size not much deference at all.
Check the length & Wieght ow springs on guid rod. I myself think it would work no problem JMO H/D ; ) PS I'd use the 9mm Rod not the 40 !

#3 ·
I've heard this before actually. I don't know what to make of it yet. More research required for me.

#7 ·
The early Sigmas were such a close copy of the Glock that they were sued by Glock and lost lots of money. That being said, I would tend to think the early Sigmas may work with the Glock rod. The take down latch may be the same situation. Later Sigmas (post lawsuit) probably have different specs to meet non infringing patents.

Be careful swapping out look alike parts without getting specs first. I would worry about an out of battery slide that may look closed, but not properly locked. A Sigma or any gun fired out of battery is not a good thing, especially in a fast spiking (pressure curve) cartridge like the .40 caliber. John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.