Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you all might like to see this thing. In doing this, I broke one of my cardinal rules about posting photos of my guns. This one is mine. This looks like a Glock 19/23/32 but it isn't. The only Glock parts are the magazine, and upper parts kit.

The frame is a Timber Wolf G23 with a Lone Wolf custom parts kit / trigger.
The slide is a Rock Slide RMR cut for a Vortex Venom Red Dot.
The barrel is a threaded stainless Alpha Wolf G19 9mm conversion. I have similar G23 and G32 barrels.
The iron night sights are from Dawson Precision.
I carry this in a Vedder Light Tuck cut for the Venom sight.

Those of you who have never held a Timber Wolf frame, owe it to yourself to try one. It is not anything like a standard Glock. More like a 1911.

It was fun to build and shoots very well indeed.

·
Registered
36,373 Posts
I think if I wanted a Glock that shot like a 1911, I'd buy a 1911...but that's just me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think if I wanted a Glock that shot like a 1911, I'd buy a 1911...but that's just me.:rolleyes:
The frame...the frame. It feels more like a 1911. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Reactions: Nmuskier and Pete63

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
I think it looks "really nice". But from what I understand, you keep a boat docked at Lake Houston, & you nautical skill "ARE atrocious"! ;)

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sadly I often get confused about complicated nautical terms like "port" "starboard" "bow" and "stern". I think that has something to do with it.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Very cool project. I like the slide mass reduction machining. This looks like a great gun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
That looks sharp, OldChap. I bet it's a lot of fun to shoot at the range.

Bravo and well done.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was surprised that I built this for just about the same money as a store bought G19 - excluding the Vortex Venom of course. The slide is a Gen 3, but the frame will work with Gen 3 or Gen 4.

I was also surprised how quickly you pick up on using the red dot. The hardest part was doing precise measuring to specify the height of the iron sights. Thanks to Dawson Precision, they made it easier.

Reactions: Tstone and Pete63

·
Registered
36,373 Posts
Reactions: QuickQuestionAnon
1 - 11 of 11 Posts