Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to bounce this idea off someone.....
I really want a Marlin .357/38 lever action carbine.
Is it a fair trade to offer a Gen 3, Glock 19 in good condition, extra mags, crossbreed holster for a good condition Marlin 1894C in .357 ?

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Sounds like a fair trade to me. It pretty much depends on how desirable each gun is to each trader.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Warning tin-foil hat area:

While I love lever action rifles, I don't think I'd let go of the Glock (unless you have another). The window of opportunity to get a lever action rifle may be bigger than the one to get a compact high capacity semi-automatic pistol. Tough call as I do not know the value of the rifle, and I love my G19.

Good luck.

Joker1

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a fair trade to me. It pretty much depends on how desirable each gun is to each trader.
+1. Current market value seems to be comparable...

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you can trick someone into taking a glock,grab the Marlin and run!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Yes, a fair trade; the values are, in my mind, very close.

Another thing to consider is that .357 carbines are not easy to find as of late, while Glocks are everywhere. Add in that, as you say, you really want one...

Get the carbine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very helpful comments, some very funny too. I give the edge to the Marlin, but can't seem to sell or trade a gun very easily.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Take out a loan, keep the Glock and buy the Marlin. You know you will probably end up replacing the Glock later.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
You're willing to trade your Glock for what?! Are you serious? Dude...............................

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Lets' see here. Trade a foreign made hunk of plastic for an American made solid steel firearm?

You are out of your mind not to.:haha:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just picked up a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag, great serious/fun gun. Enjoy yours.:hand10:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I need to bounce this idea off someone.....
I really want a Marlin .357/38 lever action carbine.
Is it a fair trade to offer a Gen 3, Glock 19 in good condition, extra mags, crossbreed holster for a good condition Marlin 1894C in .357 ?

What do you think?
I would love to swap my 1894 Marlin for a Glock... Only problem is I am in the UK, The British Govenment Banned Pistols in 1997 and ownership of one would get me 10 years Bed & Board at her Majesty's Pleasure:ziplip:
You might be interested to know the current UK price of a 1894c 18.5" barrel is around the £600 mark.... that's $960 to you sir!!!

Tint Bob (UK)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's interesting information Bob. I will keep the Glock and save for the marlin. But if you don't mind me asking...... in 1997 when the govt banned pistols , looking back would you have hidden some ? Did many people break the law and keep some ? What would you advise if this happens in the USA? I know those are big questions but hearing your response from someone that has experienced severe gun control would be a real education for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's interesting information Bob. I will keep the Glock and save for the marlin. But if you don't mind me asking...... in 1997 when the govt banned pistols , looking back would you have hidden some ? Did many people break the law and keep some ? What would you advise if this happens in the USA? I know those are big questions but hearing your response from someone that has experienced severe gun control would be a real education for me.

Thanks.
Ok this might get a little political here..sorry mods.

Since the 1968 Firearms act, ALL firearms were registered, you couldn't just walk into a gun shop, prove who you were and buy a firearm.
Shotguns were slightly different, but still registered.
Each firearm you wanted had to be authorised and a "slot" put on your FAC, interestly once you had an SGC you could buy any amount of shotguns by just showing the shotgun certificate (SGC)
All were registered with the Police.

Since 1968 we have had admendmentts to the act, 1988 (after patrick ryan went postal and killed 15) self loading weapons were banned (apart from .22) shotguns were limited to 3 shot unless put on a FAC.
1996 saw the horrible Dunblame shooting when a licenced holder killed all those children in Scotland.
This led to the pistol ban and the 1997 Firearms Act (ammended)

To get ANY firearm in the people's republic of the uk, you have to JUMP and really JUMP.
If you have friends who have a class III licence in the US well its more than that!!!
Large form, 8 pictures, reference, membership of a club or written permission to shoot over land (unless you own the land)

About a 6 to 15 week wait...and then you have your licence.

Sorry about the background history trip, 2 reasons for this.
1. There was no way you were going to hide anything.
2. I will bet the current US debt that something like this awaits the US if the nutters who currently run your country find a way around the 2a.

I have a very good friend in NH who we try and visit when funds allow, hence I have a pretty good knowledge of US gun law, and having had over 10 years of nutters ruining our country I know how they think, I know how evil and vindictive they can be (and will be to you)

Tint Bob (UK)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts