Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenario:

• Both have aftermarket triggers (Apex)
  • Both have aftermarket tritium sights (whatever your favorite is)
  • You can only choose to have one (1) and ONLY 1 of these firearms for the rest of your life for free.
My question is... why would anyone choose the Glock 19 over the latter?
-
I would love to hear your opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I would not choose the 19 over the 2.0. When I bought my 2.0, I had gone to my local range and rented five or six on two different occasions. I rented them all, then went back two or three weeks later and went through them all again. I did not shoot the 19 well, and didn't like it. I like the 2.0 better than any of the other ones I rented, so that's what I bought. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Being that your in Jamaica ? I would be choosing the gun with more support, availability of parts, mags etc.

Are both guns readily available in Jamaica ?

·
Registered
38,120 Posts
I haven't shot either, but in handling both, the M&P admittedly fits my hand more naturally. Therefore, I bought a Glock. A G30. The Glock "2x4" grip just isn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Scenario:

• You can only choose to have one (1) and ONLY 1 of these firearms for the rest of your life for free.
-
Which one did YOU choose?

·
Premium Member
5,322 Posts
Both a good platforms with solid reputations. Choose the one that works best for you.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I'd pick the 19 because I have a ton of Glock 9/40/357 parts, holsters, and a lot of magazines that will work . Both pistols would be an excellent choice, so it boils down to what you like best and maybe what kind of accessories you already have.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Scenario:

-
It just depends on whether you are a Glock person or an M&P person. You already know the answer for you, so the question is just designed to start a Glock vs. ____ discussion.
I'll pose a question back at you -- why involve an Apex aftermarket trigger? Needless complications imo. Get one or the other and learn to shoot it....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts