Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It just depends on whether you are a Glock person or an M&P person. You already know the answer for you, so the question is just designed to start a Glock vs. ____ discussion.
I'll pose a question back at you -- why involve an Apex aftermarket trigger? Needless complications imo. Get one or the other and learn to shoot it....
Why include them? Because in my opinion, it makes both guns better. I love my M&P but I hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAAATE the stock hinged trigger.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think you could ask the same thing of many products and one comes to mind pretty quickly. Go to a construction site and ask the contractors if they prefer Milwaukee or Dewault codless tools?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Scenario:

• Both have aftermarket triggers (Apex)
  • Both have aftermarket tritium sights (whatever your favorite is)
  • You can only choose to have one (1) and ONLY 1 of these firearms for the rest of your life for free.
My question is... why would anyone choose the Glock 19 over the latter?
-
I would love to hear your opinions on the matter.
I’m not a Glock fan. Given a choice, I would go with the M&P. The only reason I don’t prefer the Glock, is they don’t “feel “ good in my hand. The M&P or Springfield XD series fit me better. Good luck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You're assuming he knows what he wants between the two. But he may only know what he has available to him. He may be in the process of making that decision.

And I agree that I wouldn't replace the trigger mechanism until after If shot the gun I've chosen extensively, and make an informed decision that an aftermarket trigger is necessary.

It just depends on whether you are a Glock person or an M&P person. You already know the answer for you, so the question is just designed to start a Glock vs. ____ discussion.
I'll pose a question back at you -- why involve an Apex aftermarket trigger? Needless complications imo. Get one or the other and learn to shoot it....

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
You're assuming he knows what he wants between the two. But he may only know what he has available to him. He may be in the process of making that decision.

And I agree that I wouldn't replace the trigger mechanism until after If shot the gun I've chosen extensively, and make an informed decision that an aftermarket trigger is necessary.
Yes, the OP did know which he preferred between the two. That's why I said he already knew the answer for him, and was just trying to stir the pot...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What's to hate? It's a trigger...
The feel. I hate the feel.

You have 2 pillows, one is filled with feathers and the other is filled with rocks.
-
Guy 1: "I hate sleeping on the pillow filled with rocks"
Guy 2: "What's to hate? It's a pillow..."
-
An extreme analogy I know, but some people are trigger sensitive and that hinged trigger irks me.

·
Premium Member
34,611 Posts
The feel. I hate the feel.

You have 2 pillows, one is filled with feathers and the other is filled with rocks.
-
Guy 1: "I hate sleeping on the pillow filled with rocks"
Guy 2: "What's to hate? It's a pillow..."
-
An extreme analogy I know, but some people are trigger sensitive and that hinged trigger irks me.
Honestly, I've never noticed the hinged trigger, and I shoot M&Ps much more than I shoot anything else. Glock triggers, otoh...
All a matter of personal taste and preference, I know.

·
Registered
38,083 Posts
Honestly, I've never noticed the hinged trigger, and I shoot M&Ps much more than I shoot anything else. Glock triggers, otoh...
Honestly, I felt that thin hinged trigger would easily break, so I chose my Glock. Not that I've ever read of the M&P trigger breaking, but first impressions...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have used the full sized version of both on duty. Both have been reliable for me/ I have fired the 19 and the M&P compact 2.0. The Gen 5 is a huge improvement over previous. But I prefer the S&W.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
I also dislike the feel of the hinged trigger, and I don’t do aftermarket triggers on defensive guns.

Therefore, Glock for me.

In addition, my feeling is that the steel reinforced polymer Glock magazine is an under appreciated advantage of the platform. I’m less concerned about a Glock mag hitting the floor than I am any bare steel mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glock 19 and S&W M2.0 9mm (4in barrel), both 9 mm, perform very similarly. I checked on line. The site I was on had the G19 at $648 and the S&W at $548, $530 w/ thumb safety. There seem to be at least 100 good reasons to get the S&W, and with a life time to boot. I bought a S&W M2.0 9mm earlier this year and find it to be a very fine weapon. No failures, easy to breakdown and clean, lots of aftermarket accessories. You can still buy guns, but getting the things that make them go bang bang is another story altogether.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glock 19 and S&W M2.0 9mm (4in barrel), both 9 mm, perform very similarly. I checked on line. The site I was on had the G19 at $648 and the S&W at $548, $530 w/ thumb safety. There seem to be at least 100 good reasons to get the S&W, and with a life time to boot. I bought a S&W M2.0 9mm earlier this year and find it to be a very fine weapon. No failures, easy to breakdown and clean, lots of aftermarket accessories. You can still buy guns, but getting the things that make them go bang bang is another story altogether.
That's life time warranty.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
You know what's weird... the M&P is literally the ONLY gun I recommend getting an aftermarket trigger for. It's bizarre because I'm usually the guy who says, "Don't screw with your carry gun or it will mess with the reliability."

However, there is something about the Apex trigger and the M&P which makes me not worry about reliability. It's almost as if the APEX trigger is the real stock trigger. It just fits the gun perfectly. 😂

I don't feel this way about any other gun and any other aftermarket trigger.

I know, it's super weird.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The first time I shot a Glock many decades ago I liked it. It was a competitors gun and I loved how it ran a row of plates. Years later I shot a std 17 and wasn't impressed at all. When it was time to buy a carry gun I could not find a Glock that felt good in my hand or didn't point high. Just like my Ruger MkII, the grip needed to be adjusted and settled into before I was ready to shoot. No thank you. The M&P felt great and I had decided I'd probably go with the one listed here. So I finally got to handle one in a lgs and started to point it at something up high on the wall to aim at. As I raised it to aim and try the trigger I discovered I had a bad old habit I didn't know was lurking. From shooting so many bowling pin matches with revolvers, I was pressing the trigger so that the gun would go off the instant it went on target. The trigger press fired the striker before I was on target. I then knew I had an old habit to break and changed my mind for a Sig P250sc in dao.

Now I never had an a.d. with any of my 1911s or MkIIs but I was not going to take a chance with a carry gun that could/ might be needed under the most stressful of conditions. But I would choose the Smith over the Glock without question.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glock has advantage of holster selection, and cheaper and easier to find magazines. I have owned a bunch of 19's gen3-5 don't currently own any, unless my 17k counts. Personal preference but I would be fine with either. Prefer the m&p line though.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
A wise choice, AS I HEARD on a gun forum, glock was going out of business! 😂 (given my brand loyalty to S&W since the 60's, I'd chose them ALSO) I do own 5 Glock's, but probably won't ever purchase a G19, as I have a 9mm barrel for my G27.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts