Defensive Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Glad it works for you.

Make it a P99AS and I would agree...

The G19 grip angle, trigger pull, trigger guard opening size/geometry, and finger ridges (Gen 3 & 4) are all wrong for my hand and shooting style.
I'm with you, tired a glock once, that was enough. Only use hammer fired pistols now.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have heard many say that but I did not have a good working agreement with 2 Glocks but everyone has had problems with some brand at one time or another, I will say they did do there best but did return my money.

·
Registered
Various
15,511 Posts
At one time, I owned two Glock G17, two Glock G19, and one Glock G26. I currently only own one Glock which is a 5.31" G35 .40 S&W.

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Trigger pull (feel and weight) and the serrated trigger face are very simple changes to make and will result in a very nice trigger.
The one thing I disliked about my G30 was that danged ridged trigger. I replaced it with a G21 smooth trigger, gave it the 25-cent trigger job, and it's like a totally different gun. Couldn't be happier.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Yeah, the G19 is hard to beat for an all around 9mm. Good size for CC, OC, HD, duty, off-duty, plinking, competition (some), woods bumming …. .

Reactions: CDW4ME and OldChap

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If I didn't already have a G26, I might consider owning a G19, But I can and do Plug a 19 mag into the 26. It gives me 15+1, and an extended Grip, so I can't justify buying a 19.
I carry my G26 on duty 90% of the time (plain clothed). The main reason I grab my G19 is when I need a WML. And for the capacity, which I can technically get like you, with a G19/17 mag.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The one thing I disliked about my G30 was that danged ridged trigger. I replaced it with a G21 smooth trigger, gave it the 25-cent trigger job, and it's like a totally different gun. Couldn't be happier.
Absolutely. Now VERY carefully, contour the drop safety just a little to match the contour of the trigger itself and you'll complete that nice feel.

Reactions: OldVet and OldChap

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
If you love the 19, DO NOT go shoot the 48. If you have cash in hand, you have my permission to go ahead and give it a try. Otherwise, you'll be frustrated.

Oh and if you get a 48, be sure and order a couple of the Shield Arms 15 round flush mags. They give you the same capacity as the 19 with OEM 15 round mags. Or...you can get the 15+5 mags from them and have 20+1...if that floats your boat.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
My favorite Glock in my collection is a gen3 G23 I bought new in March 2007. It came from the factory with night sights, a "white label" and of all things, a five pound trigger. Of course, no Glock I have ever seen returns the trigger pull weight out of the box that is listed on the label so I did my usual mods on this one, too. It is the most accurate Glock I have ever had and it is a joy to shoot. This one will never leave my collection.

FWIW, a well-known gun writer* has said that the Glock 23 is the best combat handgun you can carry. While he tends to be quite opinionated, he does make some good points.

* Boston T. Party in his book, "Boston's Gun Bible".

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
If I didn't already have a G26, I might consider owning a G19, But I can and do Plug a 19 mag into the 26. It gives me 15+1, and an extended Grip, so I can't justify buying a 19.
Yeah...yeah...yeah...I do the same thing. Except I bought a 27. In 30 seconds I can convert it into a 26, a 33, and back to a 27. Somehow I never could do that with a 26. :vs_cry::vs_frown:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Here is my confession:
I didn't own a Glock until a few years ago, ultimately winding up with a Gen 4 - 19, 23 and a G48.....
Last month I sold them all.
I came to realize that you cannot beat the size, weight, capacity, reliability and simplicity of the Glocks.
While in my LGS last week, I made the mistake of handling the new Gen 5 -19.
You know rest of the story, it followed me home.
I went back a few days later and purchased a Gen 4 - 32.......
Having found Tru Glo night sights on Amazon for $49, they are both wearing the new nigh sights.
I am still considering another G48, but I will see if I can find a deal, and if not, I'm fine with my 2 Glocks.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I will proably end up with one when PSA releases their Dagger. Assuming the reviews are good. The price is right where I think a Glock should cost($299) considering the age/features compared to the modern poly stikers. It is also made in South Carolina so that is another selling point for me. Of course we did kinda screw up Boeing's new jet here so the made in SC stamp might not be a feautre.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With my move back to Idaho in 2019, and many a black bear in McCall.
98362173_172380727545154_1015722455123099648_n.jpg

I switched from 9mm .357 and .44 Special to 10mm and .45 Colt.

I'm up in N.Idaho, now, but the 10mm or .45 is still favored here, if not a .44 Magnum.

The Gen 4 Glock 29 is the most expensive Glock,ever for me but really is nice.

.45 recoil, acceptably accurate with as much power as I can handle in a semi-auto.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts