Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently carry a S&W Bodyguard 38 special, but am looking to purchase a G19 for those days I want something larger. I already know what I want for IWB, but I will want an OWB holster for those days when I can just put a jacket over it or a button down shirt. Specifically, I am looking for an OWB holster that holds the gun close to the body, and rides a little higher. Anybody know of a holster that meets my somewhat needy requirements? I want to specify that I will not be open carrying, so the closer to the body (probably a paddle holster) the better. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello fellow Iowan! The MidWorld Modular would fit the bill perfectly. It rides pretty high as shipped, but you can move it up simply by relocating the belt loops.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Brownells stocks Alessi holsters, and I believe they have a belt slide that will pull it in very well.

Paddle holsters don't pull 'em in so well. Trust me. Had a Kramer MSP for awhile. Nice holster (170 bucks), but printed quick if you fell asleep.

Good to see another Iowan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You didn't specify material so I will recommend X-Concealment Gen 2 Model C with pancake wings. I have one for my Glock 26 and it is the highest, tightest holster I have owned to date. If it is leather you seek, a lot of people here recommend a pancake style holster for tight riding. To accommodate your high request, a few that come to mind are TT Gun Leather's High Ride Pancake, Mitch Rosen's Upper Limit, and C Rusty Sherrick's Vertical High Ride Scabbard. One thing I will warn you about is body type. If you are thin with no spare tire then this will not affect you. If however, you have a spare tire, like me, the high riding holsters may not work for you due to the "love handles" pushing the holster out too far. Just a thought. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
260 Posts
A Don Hume for leather ( i have spent big $$ for custom holsters - save the bucks and go Don Hume model 715) For Kydex, lots of option, Galco

·
Registered
414 Posts
FIST #10 rides high and tight for my G27... I'm to the point that I use it half the time with my N82 Original IWB because it conceals almost as well as my IWB.

FIST, INC.

If you're looking for something less expensive and with probably quicker delivery, the Don Hume JIT works very well.

Reviews: J.I.T. SLIDE [J.I.T. Slide] - $29.80 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Another mid-priced option that I have bookmarked but haven't owned is this one

http://www.ubgholsters.com/owb.htm

And I have my eye on this one... if I decide that I simply must have another holster.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i63.html

Oh, and the Mitch Rosen UPL looks appealing. Can you tell I've done a lot of research for high riding OWB's? :rolleyes:

http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/holsters/belt_holsters/body_belt_holsters.html

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Looks like I have more options than I thought.

·
Super Moderator
22,291 Posts
I currently carry a S&W Bodyguard 38 special, but am looking to purchase a G19 for those days I want something larger. I already know what I want for IWB, but I will want an OWB holster for those days when I can just put a jacket over it or a button down shirt. Specifically, I am looking for an OWB holster that holds the gun close to the body, and rides a little higher. Anybody know of a holster that meets my somewhat needy requirements? I want to specify that I will not be open carrying, so the closer to the body (probably a paddle holster) the better. Thanks in advance!
I've tried several OWB for my G19, I have a Raven Phantom Modular Holster for my G17, so I thought I'd give DSG Arms a try, I liked it so well after using it for a number of weeks, I bought one for my 1911s.

As far as I am concerned, the build quality of the DGS Arms product is every bit as good as the Raven Concealment Systems. I actually prefer DGS Arms belt loops better.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you are considering Kydex check Statureman Statureman Custom Holsters I ordered one for my G 36 and as advertised it is on track for a two week delivery (less according to USPS anticipated delivery date tomorrow). Caleb was very helpful when I ordered and offers a 30 day no questions asked return.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just posted this in another thread, but try the Desantis Minislide. It'll fit the G19, G26, G23, G17. It's super thin and I have no trouble concealing my gun even with relatively tight jackets and shirts.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I EDC my Glock 19 in a Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard. I have been using this style holster since the early 90s (different guns & different holsters of course) as my off-duty, plain clothes and now CCW holster. GREAT holster.

I have also been known to buy this holster for guns that I might possibly buy in the future. :smile:

·
Registered
376 Posts
G code

G Code makes a very nice paddle holster for the Glock, high ride and close fitting.

My wife got this one for me for my birthday, and I am very happy with it.

20130505_115736sml.jpg
20130505_123146sml.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,921 Posts
I carry my Glock G20 SF in a Bianchi #5 Black Widow holster. It carries very close and high.

·
Registered
7,087 Posts
Glock 19 OWB holster options
The Raven Phantom Modular holster and the Glock 19 are a great carry combination. Since this picture of mine was taken I have added the Raven Pancake Wings to the holster to pull the gun in even closer for concealed carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
If you are still in the market for a holster here is another option. Sorry that I missed the thread earlier.

Galco fletch. definately meets your specs. Around $60.00

1 - 20 of 24 Posts