Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked one up. I haven't fired it yet. Anybody have any experience with this gun?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
had mine for a few years. Check the slide serrations closely with an LED flashlight. Mine had rust coming through the coating on both sides. Had my guns store send it back to WMD Guns in Stuart, Florida which was the company that had applied the original coating. Came back perfect.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
With all due respect, isn't "Talo" just a small group of individual firearm distributors that joined together into a single entity to have enough purchasing-power to order "special run" firearms from manufacturers including GLOCK, Ruger, S&W, etc? I've bought 'em before. There's nothing "wrong" with them. Yet realizing that I usually STILL BUY aftermarket goodies (sights, grips, trigger-tunes, etc.) for even the Talo editions, I've decided I'm money ahead just to start...from scratch. :biggrin2:

Reactions: OD* and SIXTO

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had one with the EXO coating. I really liked. People charge a good chunk of money to do NiB coating so for the price of a plain jane glock they're pretty cool. NiB finish is much stronger than the junk glock uses to finish slides these days.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Try hard chrome

As an alternative, you can have your black Glock slide hard chromed by a vendor. I did this years ago to the worn slide of a second generation Glock 19, and it worked perfectly. Hard chrome is very hard and durable, holding up much better to wear than the original Glock finish.

Attachments

Reactions: zonker1986 and OD*

·
Super Moderator
22,319 Posts
With all due respect, isn't "Talo" just a small group of individual firearm distributors that joined together into a single entity to have enough purchasing-power to order "special run" firearms from manufacturers including GLOCK, Ruger, S&W, etc? I've bought 'em before. There's nothing "wrong" with them. Yet realizing that I usually STILL BUY aftermarket goodies (sights, grips, trigger-tunes, etc.) for even the Talo editions, I've decided I'm money ahead just to start...from scratch. :biggrin2:
You are correct, started in 1965 by fishing and hunting wholesalers in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts