Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new duty weapon yesterday and took it out for a test run. I use to not be a Glock fan until I was forced to carry it. To me it always worked right out of the box no matter what model I had. They shoot well for a combat weapon and have a nice balance to them.

The Glock 21 SF came Trijicon NS, a non ambi magazine release and the typical Glock rail. I went through 150 rounds of 230 grain FMJ then 50 rounds of Winchester 230 grain HPs without a problem. For accuracy at 7, 15 and 20 yards I was able to place the rounds in the 9 and 10 rings. Good groupings overall. Now waiting for Blackhawk to come out in 2010 with their new Serpa level 3 light/holster. I've been told by a sales rep at Blackhawk that this new rig will be made for laser/lights such as the Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Congratulations on the new GLOCK!

The G21 was my first foray into the "Darkside" and I have zero regrets! 13+1 rounds of .45 on tap in a platform this accurate is a real good feeling.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
I intensely dislike Glocks, but it is what I carry on duty. The G21.

Yes, I can shoot perfect scores with it during qualifications. Yes it works. Yes, it is accurate,even for that atrocious trigger.

It is ugly as sin and has no eye appeal.

Its OKAY to be a Glock fan though.
Somebodys got to do it.

Congrats! Hope you never have to use it.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I intensely dislike Glocks, but it is what I carry on duty. The G21.

Yes, I can shoot perfect scores with it during qualifications. Yes it works. Yes, it is accurate,even for that atrocious trigger.

It is ugly as sin and has no eye appeal.

Its OKAY to be a Glock fan though.
Somebodys got to do it.

Congrats! Hope you never have to use it.
I'll bet it appeals to the BG that you point it at.:rofl:

------------------------------------------
To the OP...
I used to hate Glocks. I thought that they looked and felt like bricks. The G-36 got my interest, and it grew from there. Now a Glock-36 is my EDC and my two Kimbers sit in the safe.:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Congrats, I hope you never have to use it but it's good to know that if you do it WILL work.

Joker1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have to agree with you they are ugly. Hopefully I never have to use it. In the past I have carried a Sig Sauer 239 in a .40, a Colt Officer Light weight/Chip McCormick and the S&W 642. Back in the old days in the USMC it was the 1911A1. Recently I've been carrying a Para SS Warthog in .45 acp. Great weapon and again this thing just keeps on shooting. As to the feeding problems which was posted all over the web to the Warthog and P10 I think alot of the problem rides with the shooter with the limp wrist.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've considered the Glock 21, but I remain wary of the trigger safety...I've been looking at and considering the FNP 45, 15 rounds, which is bulkier, but I'm more comfortable with the safety features.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Like I have always said....Glocks are like Craftsman tools...simple and reliable. Nothing that will win a design contest for beauty, bur much more often than not they WILL get the job done.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Love that Glock. Ready to go right out of the holster and the sights are right on and no manual safety to screw around with.:santaclaus::santaclaus::santaclaus:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As an old trainer I had years ago when he questioned us pertaining to the 9mm vs the .45acp. What's going to hurt more a Volkswagon going 60 mph or a cement truck going 60 mph? They will both kill you, it's the mass of the projectile and shocking power that will put down the intended target quickly and effectively.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Yup, Glocks are ugly until you need them.... then it's love at first shot...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts