Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from academy to make final decision Glock 21 or Ruger P90. All the net research this weekend pointed to the Glock 21 but previous handling of both led to the Ruger P90. I didnt like the way a Glock fit my hand. Luckly the clerk pointed out the new Glock 21 SF. That was it. Perfect fit. Anyone out there heard anything about them ??????????

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've fondled the g21sf. there is better handling than the classic 21. I am still pretty happy with the classic 21 and shoots pretty well that I did not upgrade. the P90 is great; it is still one of my favorite .45; that thing is built like a tank and shoots pretty well.

what gen of 21Sf did you get? good luck with the new acquisition.

oh, ya, its little brother the 30 Sf also feels like an improvement in grip handling compared to its 30 version.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine is the most accurate shooter I own, over all my glocks and even over my Sigs. It's to big to cc or I would have it with me at all times. Buy it, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RA229. I agree about the size. Its sad to say this but my job wont allow to carry on me. I spend most of my awake hours there. But, to and from work and in and out of the house I will feel pretty confident having the full 45 caliber.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What's the size difference between the normal and SF versions? I recently went with a G36 because holding the G30 felt like holding the business end of a baseball bat. I didn't know about the G30SF until after my purchase.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What's the size difference between the normal and SF versions? I recently went with a G36 because holding the G30 felt like holding the business end of a baseball bat. I didn't know about the G30SF until after my purchase.
There is not a lot of difference, it's in the grip, a wee bit slimmer but noticable if you pick each up. You can't tell by looking at both designs together.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I really like my G21SF, I tried the G21 but didn't fit my hand very well. The slim frame makes a big difference. RA229 is right it is a little big for CC but it is a great shooter!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
nice gun for big hands. you can not go wrong with any glock.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I was not a Glock fan at all until I bought a G21SF. They are BIG, but mine was for home defense duty, so it didn't really matter. It shot really nice, a nice soft shooter, very accurate and quick follow up shots were a big plus.

Unfortunately I found that the grip angle plus the little trigger safety lever-thingy conspired to give me a sore finger after 25 rounds or so. The trigger would rub and pinch my finger just so, and I couldn't avoid it, so the Glock was traded for a SIG Pro 2022, which I am VERY happy with.

If you are not used to Glocks I'd advise you try to rent or borrow one first to see if you like it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Very nice choice they are very accurate. Be advised, the "old G21" mags will not fit it but the new will go in the old. Dont buy the wrong extra mags.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Once I held the 21SF, I knew I had to have it and sell my old 21. Good choice.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Just got back from academy to make final decision Glock 21 or Ruger P90. All the net research this weekend pointed to the Glock 21 but previous handling of both led to the Ruger P90. I didnt like the way a Glock fit my hand. Luckly the clerk pointed out the new Glock 21 SF. That was it. Perfect fit. Anyone out there heard anything about them ??????????

I have the G36 SF and love the grip.
:confused: I haven't seen or heard of any other models with the SF design, but then again I haven't really looked into it either. I checked the Glock site and the G36 is the only model under the slimline option. Unless I'm confused as to what the SF vs SL acronym stands for. One things for sure, if it's a Glock it rocks! :hand5:

Never mind.. Looked it up on Google.
(Small Frame, Slim Line) :rofl: never even heard of that for a Glock. What next TS, Titanium Slide :blink:

GBK

·
Registered
384 Posts
The best shooter ever but not a CCW weapon. For that, I have my G30. Same feel, a bit shorter.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I enjoy shooting and CCW'ing my G21SF. In the Milt Sparks VM2 holster, it simply disappears and is quite comfy! (I'm a big fella, though)

If you DON'T have the ambi-magazine release, any G21 magazine produced will work in your new SF, otherwise you'll need to find the ambi-mags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts