Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know glock has loose tolerances and that its normal for a glock to have to space between the slide and frame but my new glock 21 gen 3 has a very significant gap that i have not seen on any other glock is this normal or should i call glock and see what they think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
That gun is fully unsafe. DO NOT fire it, it may discharge a round, cycle itself pulling another round from the mag into the chamber repeatedly until the mag is empty every time you pull the trigger.

Ya, it's only as safe to shoot as the end user handling it. lol

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
Don’t you worry. Once you get that frame heated up it will warp and close that gap right up! The pig nose mod!

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Don’t you worry. Once you get that frame heated up it will warp and close that gap right up! The pig nose mod!
Yea, don't worry the gap corrects its self:

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
So when i shoot my glock 21 it should close up to the front like yours ?

How many rounds did you shoot for that to happen ?

Your gun is perfectly fine. It closing like this is basically a design flaw. Its not caused by a certain number of rounds. Its the plastic frame reacting to being hot.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
That is perfectly normal. I just pulled my G21 out of the holster and it looks exactly like that. No worries.

Or...there are two other options: 1) It is grossly bad - send it to me immediately, I will nurse it back to health or 2) You could whomp some bad guy on the noggin with the bottom side of the barrel and the frame might bend upwards toward the slide. :blink:

Seriously. No problems there.

Reactions: AzQkr and joel0019

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
So when i shoot my glock 21 it should close up to the front like yours ?

How many rounds did you shoot for that to happen ?

That pic was from search for Glock Pug Nose, not my pistol.
Here is my 20SF and 21SF - I estimate (guess) about 700 rounds through each.
I like these "big" Glocks, have carried each of them, my idea of good compromise is "high capacity" and bigger bullet.
GlockPug.jpg

Reactions: joel0019
1 - 13 of 13 Posts