Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could post the following measurement for the Glock 22 and the Glock 23 I would appreciate it. I need the diagonal measurement from the front of the top of the barrel to the bottom of the back of the grip. Basically the diagonal length of each pistol. Thank you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Can't help with the 22, but my G23 measures approx. 8.25 inches from the top of the slide to the back of the grip.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Yep...the 9 1/4" and 8 1/4" would be good to go.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Check Glocks website and click specifications

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check Glocks website and click specifications
Could not find a section called "Specifications", diagonal measurements are not listed under Technical Data.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pythagorean theorem

Thought popped in my head that I could have used Pythagorean theorem and the height and length data from Glock.com. But if I figured everything out on my own I wouldn't get to come here and "interact" with you fine people. :smile:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thought popped in my head that I could have used Pythagorean theorem and the height and length data from Glock.com. But if I figured everything out on my own I wouldn't get to come here and "interact" with you fine people. :smile:
Funny... I thought of the same thing too, but came up with 9.11" using the 2 measurements on the site. That was a tad bit shorter than my measurement for the G22.

I've never understood why people shout out an answer without checking their facts ("go to glock.com"). :aargh4:

Out of curiosity, are you making something?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny... I thought of the same thing too, but came up with 9.11" using the 2 measurements on the site. That was a tad bit shorter than my measurement for the G22.

I've never understood why people shout out an answer without checking their facts ("go to glock.com"). :aargh4:

Out of curiosity, are you making something?
Not making anything. Recently bought a Tommy Gun Pack for my Kel-Tec P-11 and I thought perhaps a G23 would also fit inside. But it does not seem to be large enough. I was just curious, since I will probably own neither one in the near future. Hopefully in less than 2 years I will be buying either a G22 or G23 with a LEO discount, typing with crossed fingers is difficult. :smile:

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I would go for the G23

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
G22/g17 = 9.5"
g23/g19 = 8.5"

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would go for the G23
On a side note I have been looking at the G23 for about a year now. Since I only own one pistol another one is needed. Now I am waiting for the G23 RTF to hit the shelves and I should be good to go. Perhaps adding XS Big Dot Sights. I shot the G19 to see how I liked the grip angle and the feel of the grip. I forgot to check it when I was squeezing off rounds so it must have been comfortable if I didn't even take notice of it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not making anything. Recently bought a Tommy Gun Pack for my Kel-Tec P-11 and I thought perhaps a G23 would also fit inside. But it does not seem to be large enough. I was just curious, since I will probably own neither one in the near future. Hopefully in less than 2 years I will be buying either a G22 or G23 with a LEO discount, typing with crossed fingers is difficult. :smile:
Ah, good to know.

The P11 is a good deal smaller than either the G22/G23, but if you have any thoughts on concealing the Glock, the 23 is probably the better choice. My EDC is a smaller wheelgun and has served me well in that capacity.

I use the G22 as HD and OWB carry (still concealed with a longer shirt or sweatshirt), and it has worked well for that. I'd still love a G27 or G23 to compliment it. Unfortunately, the Jeep is getting a lift this year so the purchase will have to wait (last year I passed on a 27 prior to the price spike thanks to an MTB upgrade. Arg! :mad:)

Good luck with the career path as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts