Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures show the difference in height, width, length.

Glock 22 is very close in height, length.
Glock22vs1911pic1.jpg
Glock22vs1911pic2.jpg

Glock 23 is shorter in height and length.
Glock23vs1911pic1.jpg
Glock23vs1911pic2.jpg

Magazine capacity of 15 (Glock 22) or 13 (Glock 23) compared to 8 or 7 (depending on 1911 magazine)

Ammo comparison, Federal data. Law Enforcement - Federal Premium LE, Speer LE, BLACKHAWK!, Eagle - Load Comparison
Heavy clothed gel:
HST 180 gr. 40 S&W 12.5'' / .80
HST 230 gr. 45 acp 13.5'' / .87
Gold Dot 180 gr. 40 S&W 13.2'' / .70
Gold Dot 230 gr. 45 acp 13.6'' / .69

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
image.jpg
The orange is wider and taller.
Stipples skin for easier gripping
Holds 6-8 seeds, but must be peeled.

The apple is slightly smaller
Smooth skin.
Holds 3-12 seeds, core can be thrown once finished. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'm guessing a bunch of us have both & could have...lined 'em up at the house. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Reactions: CDW4ME

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
CDW4ME Really I was think you were someones young grandson that's on granpa gun forum while he stepped away for a few minutes so you had time to ask a goofy question comparing a 1911 to a gluck .

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CDW4ME Really I was think you were someones young grandson that's on granpa gun forum while he stepped away for a few minutes so you had time to ask a goofy question comparing a 1911 to a gluck .
I did not ask a question, I presented pictures and information.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
While I like 1911's the Glocks are just as good or better. Certainly lighter and holds more rounds.

Its a honest comparison if you don't want to read it then you have the option to just scroll on.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I enjoy your attempt to use the English language.

Reactions: ExGM and CDW4ME

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have carried both. I prefer the Glock 19/23 over the full size 1911 for CCW. I prefer the full size 1911 for pleasure shooting at the range. Two completely different feeling guns when you shoot them. Neither is superior, rather they both have their costs and benefits.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
smolck Yea , well we all can have a crappy moment at the key board every once in a while .

Rigrat Still got to wonder why the ole apples and orange's comparison . Guess you could have compared it to a HP or HK , at least there double stacks . Glock would be a fine handgun if it did not have that odd grip angle . HA

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I compared the Glock 22 and 23 to a 1911 because they are about the same size and that's what I mostly have.

1911's.jpg

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So are apples and oranges but its still foolish !
My thread that offers information for comparison is deemed "foolish" .... :scruntiny: .... :ziplip:

I'll leave less up for interpretation since that may be difficult for some.

Intangibles do not matter in this comparison (intangibles are things like whether the pistol has a "soul").

Caliber was not "apples to apples", 1911 shoots bigger bullets, I could have compared to a Glock 30 and 21 but they are notably thicker than the 1911.
So, I stuck with the thinner slide and smaller grip 40 rather than a thicker slide bigger grip Glock 45 acp.
Despite 40 vs 45, performance of the slightly smaller 40 is very close, according to data from the maker.

"Apples to apples"...
Capacity- either Glock has a obvious advantage
Factors that affect concealment ("still apples to apples")
Weight- either Glock is lighter
Height- the 22 is about the same height, the 23 is about 1/2'' shorter
Length- the 22 is close in length, the 23 is shorter than the 1911
Thickness- the 1911 slide is thinner

Based on height & length, if one can conceal a 1911, they can just as easily conceal a Glock 22
One could take that ^ from the thread if nothing else.

However, carry factors (which vary from person to person) affect ease of carry:
I carry appendix IWB, I can pull it off with the Glock 22, the slide of the 1911 is too long.
I do not anticipate switching from appendix IWB.
If I changed back to strong side IWB (slower to access, for me) the full size 1911 is more comfortable.

The other aspect that is not "apples to apples" is the 1911 has a manual safety which must be disengaged.

My initial post was purely factual, no preference stated for either Glock or 1911.
I offered information and let the reader interpret it for them-self, take from it what they wanted.

How foolish :34: of me.

Reactions: Rhodie2
1 - 20 of 33 Posts