Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting this gun after getting the LCP.....any comments on the 22?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally dont care for the .40. But there is nothing really wrong with it.

I think you will be served well by the G22.:danceban:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see you have the pt111.

I would have to suggest a G17. Exact same size as the G22, and you consolidate calibers. :yup:

2 guns in the same caliber. Something to think about?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I heard there are one or two cops that carry one. :wink:

If you like Glocks and you like the .40, you'll probably like the G22 just fine. I liked both of mine and would buy another if I was in the market for a full size .40.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the comments guys...what does the 17 look like?..kinda like the 22?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Have you thought about the G23, same size as a G19. It would be easier to conceal.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I would go for the g23

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Since moving onto the compact models for EDC, I tend to think the G17/22 is a large pistol. I traded my G22 for a G23 and very happy about it. I also tend to think the Glock shows it's best in the 40S&W caliber.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I love my Glocks, but I do not prefer the .40...either 9mm or .45, OMO. Like RamRod above, I'd agree on the smaller Glock...once you figure out the caliber you want.:image035:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a G22 as a EDC weapon, I love the thing and I have over 10,000 rounds through mine.

I actually was using it for IPSC shoots for a couple of years before I jumped to a Para P16-40.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
G23 here! I second Ram Rods post. Great match up of platform and round. Win win IMO. :hand10:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I EDC a 23. Excellent size/capacity. The 17/22/31 are all excatly the same except caliber. The 19/23/32 are all the same excpet caliber. 9mm, 40, 357 respectively. The 19/23 platform is an excellent choice for CCW. I love mine. With proper clothing /holster/belt and if you are not super tiny/skinny a 22 can be done. Overall though I think the 19/23 would be a much better choice. and you can always get a few extra 17/22 mags for higher capacity on reloads.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The 22 is a fine weapon. It is not difficult to conceal. I used to conceal a 17 with no problem. However, the 19/23 (compact) is easier to conceal and the 26/27 (sub-compact) is even easier to conceal.

All of them are gret shooters. The 23 is a great balance of size and caliber.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've had a Glock 22 for 15 years. It has been 100% reliable the entire time I've had it. I have carried it concealed many times and I enjoy shooting it, though not as much as I enjoy shooting my 1911 or my Ruger 9mm. Truth be told, I wish I had picked up a G19 instead. I suppose I still could...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have a 19....and a 26.......for EDC (concealed) the compact frames in 9 or 40 are just easier.....so Iwold recommend like others have to try the 23 or 19.....and you can always use the bigger mags for range etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts