Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand holsters are yall using? and IMB or OWB and why? This will be my first carry setup so I pretty much a newb. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Check out Pure Kustom Holsters by Rocky. His Black Ops Pro is a true combination IWB/OWB made with impeccable quality. Buy once, cry once. You will never need another holster for the same gun.
PURE KUSTOM HOLSTERS MAIN

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My Glock 23 goes in a Comptac C-TAC.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Yes, but the MTAC is more comfortable... You can also get the holster body to fit all 9mm/40SW/357Sig models...

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
VersaMax-II and Galco Concealable. :smile:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
TX-JB says the M-Tac is more comfortable. I disagree. But I suppose that's just personal preference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love High Noon Holsters for comfort and concealability. They have several tuckable IWB models that are awesome. :)

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
TX-JB says the M-Tac is more comfortable. I disagree. But I suppose that's just personal preference.
Yep, that's all it is... I prefer the leather backing against my skin... All their stuff is great...

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Glock 23 huh? I use a DeSantis Scorpion, and a Galco SkyOps holster for mine IWB.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
What brand holsters are yall using? and IMB or OWB and why? This will be my first carry setup so I pretty much a newb. Thanks guys.
When I bought and started carrying my G23 I got a Galco Summer Special IWB holster at the gun shop to start with.....very uncomfortable. Got a Fobus paddle two days later, much better but I disliked the lack of retention it had. Then I ordered a CTAC IWB from COMP-TAC and LOVED it! Liked it so much I got thier MTAC (leather backing) and LOVED that one even more! The MTAC is considerably more comfortable during Georgia's hot summer months. Right now my G23 is riding in a K&D Dakota OWB holster that Kevin 'modified' a little for me (he cut it to ride a little higher and with a slightly more forward cant). I LOVE good, quality leather and this is the finest one I've owned.

For IWB you really can't go wrong with Comp-Tac or Crossbreed, although Little Bear and K&D have excellent all-leather IWB holsters as well.

Right now I looking at getting another paddle holster and (maybe) another leather OWB holster. I have a need for the paddle (quick on/off) and I'm either going with Little Bear and/or Comp-Tac again for those. I also need a better mag holster (clip/paddle) as well

·
Registered
785 Posts
I carry OWB strong side and I prefer Kydex paddles. I use XD Gear and Fobus for my XD9SC and Blade Tech for my Steyr S40. I've also used Uncle Mike's for the XD.

Get a holster that holds the gun tightly against your body, and allows a quick, clean draw. The belt is very important, too. A $150 holster is no good if you hang it from a $12.95 Wally World special belt. Get a good ,stiff belt. I use a workman's belt from Tractor Supply. The nylon Uncle Mike's Instructor belt is good, too. Other companies, like Galcvo, make good belts, too.

Above all, use what works for YOU.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB and Galco Cops 3 slot for OWB. These are both pretty common, and you can find them used for reasonable prices.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Banned
908 Posts
I carry an identical Glock 19 in a Don Hume 715M IWB. Works for me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've carried a Glock IWB and OWB. For IWB you almost can't beat an MTAC or a Crossbreed. I've had both and would buy another of either. For OWB I chose Carl at cchoslters.com, 21 days from order to delivery for a handmade custom leather holster. I got his "convertible" so I could use it for both IWB and OWB, and I like snaps over slots due to ease of getting on my belt. His wait time may be longer now since he was starting to get more orders.

Of course, there's always the cheap $20 route with a Tagua clip-on.

Tagua

For Glock

LCR

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've carried in this Ed Rodek pancake for several years. Just doesn't show wear. Very heavy leather. Turn around time is about a week. Cost is about $40 +/-.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts