Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide if I want a compact or subcompact gun for my next carry gun. How is a glock 26 in accuracy compared to a glock 19? I know a glock 19 wasn't much different than a Glock 17 in accuracy when I shot both of them. Never shot a 26 though.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have both and the accuracy of the G26 sucks for the most part. Its a concealable firearm, not a range gun. Up close and personal defense, that's it.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
The mechanical accuracy of the Glock 26 is outstanding. People theorize that it is more accurate from a rest than the 19 or 17 because of a stiffer barrel. Whether that's true or not is debatable, but most folks do find that the subcompact Glocks will group a little tighter than their bigger brothers when shooting from a rest.

Now when it comes to using the things- it depends on you as a shooter. Some of us do much better with a longer sight radius than you can get on the baby Glocks. Some (like me) just feel their hands are too big for the small guns. Other people shoot the small guns as well as, or better than, the bigger guns.

Mas did a pretty good write up about the subject a while back.

Massad Ayoob: Are Long-Barreled Handguns More Accurate? | The Daily Caller

Reactions: Czombie

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I don't have the G26 anymore, but I had one years ago and it was very accurate. I have been carrying Glock .40's on duty for over 20 years now. Used to be G22 and G27, now G23 and (same) G27. My G27 is just as accurate as my G23 is, and G22 was. In fact sometimes my G27 scores are higher than my G23, sometimes vice-versa.

Many people report shooting the mini-Glocks more accurarely than the larger ones.

That being said, the G19 is a fine fighting pistol also. The G26 will carry better, no matter what anyone says. I should know, I carrt the G23 and G27 (same size as the G19/G26), daily.

Good luck on your choice. If I could only have one though, it would likely be the 19 (23 in my case), but I'd hate to live lufe without my G27!

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I have both and the accuracy of the G26 sucks for the most part. Its a concealable firearm, not a range gun. Up close and personal defense, that's it.
Ummmmm,
G26 shoots for me as accurate as its full size brother,as a matter a fact I shoot better with my 26 than I do with all my other glocks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
One thing i appreciate about the 26\27 is that you can make the grip as long as you want through mag extensions and higher capacity mags. Wish i could say the same for my M&P compact.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This might be a better question to get you started:
How accurate do you need to be with a/the gun and for what purpose?

Reactions: halem1

·
Registered
10,336 Posts
Depends entirely on the shooter. Here's a 27 with a good one.

Reactions: Zweet

·
Registered
180 Posts
I shoot the G23 better than the G26. That has to do with my inaccuracies, not the guns. You won't go wrong with either size.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Almost all handguns are mechanically more accurate than most shooters. It's the shooter that determines the overall accuracy. Some people shoot certain guns more accurately than others. This doesn't mean that these guns are inherently more accurate.

Also, the G26 is sub-compact defensive pistol by design, and in that regard it's way more accurate than it needs to be for that purpose. I would also suggest that if you are putting rounds in tight little groups, you aren't shooting fast enough.

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.