Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys are these belt clips a good idea or do they seem cool for a little while and eventually go back to a holster of some kind? I really want a glock 26 for edu.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Based on my personal experience with the Glock 26 I recommend that you always carry it with the trigger covered. My experience with the Clipdraw is with a S & W Model 60 and I found that after awhile it would work loose from the belt so I removed it. FWIW

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Based on my personal experience with the Glock 26 I recommend that you always carry it with the trigger covered. My experience with the Clipdraw is with a S & W Model 60 and I found that after awhile it would work loose from the belt so I removed it. FWIW
+1000 :hand5:

No clip draw for me on any Glock ND just begging to happen. FWIW.

GBK

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Particularly with Glocks - love it or hate it, it's designed to go bang when you hit the trigger. If there was ever a weapon designed for a holster, this is it.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
If you do go with the clip draw, I would at least get one of the trigger blocks too. You knock it out of the way before firing. The owner and a couple of range officers where I shoot carry like this. I've heard mixed reviews on the blocks though. Personally, I prefer a holster. Seems to work fine for them though.

·
Registered
41,465 Posts
I considered a Clipdraw gor my Glock, but not for long. The only safe way to use it is with an empty chamber. If you used a Safety-bloc, it could pop out un-noticed and "pow," You've been neutered! Forget the movie BG image; get a holster.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've done Clipdraw and Barami Hip Grip, and aside from the safety issues already described, after a while you've got a gun digging into your hip. A holster is much more comfortable and safe. I have a Covert Carrier on my seecamp, but that is a "take out the garbage" or "stuck in dress pants" thing, I never use it unless necessary.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I vote no.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i carry a glock 26 and "HAD" the clip draw on it and took it off after a week of carrying like that its very uncomfortable!!! I went to a supertuck bout 2 weeks ago and that is by far the best carry rig i have found for any gun!! but like they say its diffrent for every one but me personaly id never use it agian and id sell it pretty cheap if ud like to try it

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
A Glock without a holster (a belt clip?) is an accident looking for a place to happen.:yup::ziplip:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Carrying your Glock in a decent holster would be your best idea. Personally, I don't think the belt clip thingy should have ever been invented, and I'm generally one to say options are good. In this instance..if I were you....forget about the clipit thingy.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
That's a Plaxico waiting to happen. :hand1: :ahhhhh: :nono: :aargh4:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm getting a Glock 26 from Santa and a supertuck from my wife. Merry Christmas to all..

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i use the clip draw on my model 60. it is the best thing that i have got. never had a problem, stay where i put it. the same with the kel tec belt clip on the p3at and p11. no problems. so i got the belt clip and the safey-t for the clock 27. i have not use them yet. been using a galco inisde the pants holster at this time. when holster goes out then i will use it. nothing wrong with the clip draw, your pants works the same as the holster, it covers the trigger.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i carry a glock 26 and "HAD" the clip draw on it and took it off after a week of carrying like that its very uncomfortable!!! I went to a supertuck bout 2 weeks ago and that is by far the best carry rig i have found for any gun!! but like they say its diffrent for every one but me personaly id never use it agian and id sell it pretty cheap if ud like to try it
I am a G26 owner, and IMHO Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB Holster is the way to go. Very Comfortable! Whatever you decide always carry your Glock in some type of holster. We are human & accidents WILL happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts