Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for mounting lights and lasers on these models?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Aren't a lot of light options since there is no rail on the 26/27. IMO weapon mounted lights are cool (and I have a TLR-1) but with training, I think you will appreciate a handheld light more. Handhelds offer a lot of advantages.

As for lasers, Crimsom Trace and Lasermax are the two big contenders and I would recommend CT.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Adam nailed it. There just really no light mounting options for the baby Glocks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a G27 with a Lasermax internal guide rod laser. Crimson Trace also has laser grips that fit the subcompact Glocks. CT also has just made available a laser that attaches to the front of the trigger guard. But they may limit your ability to use some holsters. I have Lasermax lasers on my G27 & G29 (they are the oldest in my Glock collection) and Crimson Trace laser grips on my G19, G22, & G23. I like the CT better for the instant on switch that is activated by a firm grip on the pistol. I may be getting the trigger guard laser from CT for my G36 in the future as it is my only Glock without a laser of some type. I don't want it to feel like the "red-headed stepchild" of the family!

As far as lights go, I have no idea what is available for a G26 or G27. I have a Glock light mounted on my G22. It is my "nightstand, home defense gun". It also has Tru-Glo Tritium Fiber Optic sites on it (as well as on my G23). But I am not sure that the G26 or G27 have a rail (mine doesn't but it is 14 years old, newer models may have them but I don't recall if they do or not.

As I approach 50 years of age, my eyes appreciate any and all help in the sighting department! Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
38,216 Posts
There's one laser called the TF1 I think. Replaces the rear sight. Very small, not much bigger than the normal rear sight.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
no rails so you will have to go to the other options as stated above.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
There's one laser called the TF1 I think. Replaces the rear sight. Very small, not much bigger than the normal rear sight.
Yeah, I saw one of those the other day on tv. Here's a site that has done a review of it and loads of pics to check out too. Here's the link to the companies website.:hand10:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm torn on the whole laser thing. It has a great benefit at the range to help you correct incorrect shooting or alignment, but I'm not wild on someone following a red dot back to me.. It could just be me, dunno?

·
Banned
888 Posts
you have an option with these new laser sights. the battery is on one side, and the laser in the other. only thing is, they're almost $200 :22a:

LaserLyte Sights - Lasers

·
Banned
888 Posts
THE FACT YOU HAVE TO MANUALY TURN THAT ON / OFF, makes it useless...

not quite:

The activation switch is a strategically placed button at the back of the slide that is easily activated by the thumb in a normal shooting position for left- or right-handed shooters.
:wink:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wouldn't find it useless. Heck I wish they made all red dot sights with a easy on off or pressure switch.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My LaserMax internal laser on my 27 is pretty awesome. Combined with my Infidel holster, the holster actually has a little tiny lip in the design that, when I draw, hits the extended slide lock, and turns the laser on. Pretty awesome.

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
Theres not enough real world difference between he two to really matter. Depends on wat you like, and your concerns. I like the 26 due to the fact that ammo will be available for it always due to the nato alliance our military has. Also when the war ends, there will be surplus nato 9mm on the market which is much hotter than our +p. As far as mounting options go, who cares? Most people buy those after reading about the tactical advantages they offer, ect ect. The most important part of the weapon system is you, and your mindset, after that every thing else is just gadgets, that without proper training can become a disadvantage anyway. So get the one you like, and can shoot the best and have fun.

·
Banned
888 Posts
personally i'm not a fan of lasers on guns. if you need to defend your life, chances are your only gonna have a half a second to pull you pistol and fire. you're most likely not going to have time to look for the little red dot (another distraction you don't need at the moment of truth)

however, lasers are useful training tools for trigger control, and also for LE clearing rooms and making sure nobody "sweeps" their fellow officer with their gun.

that's just my thought on the subject. a lot of folks like them on their defensive pistol :)

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
personally i'm not a fan of lasers on guns. if your need to defend your life, chances are your only gonna have a half a second to pull you pistol and fire. you're most likely not going to have time to look for the little red dot (another distraction you don't need at the moment of truth)

however, lasers are useful training tools for trigger control, and also for LE clearing rooms and making sure nobody "sweeps" their fellow officer with their gun.

that's just my thought on the subject, a lot of folks like them on their defensive pistol :)
I could not agree more!

·
Banned
888 Posts
I could not agree more!

thank you my friend :wave:

for me, practicing drawing and firing your pistol quickly is far more important than attaching a laser to it; or trying to find as many places as you can to cram as much extra ammo as you can carry for that matter.

again, just my opinion. if lasers work for you, i'm glad to hear it. :image035:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts