Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new Glock 26 gen 4 to the range to test both Talon Grip tape and the G19 15 round magazine with an X Grip extension. First, I have fired the G 26 with the standard 10 round magazines and, in my humble opinion, I can shoot the G 26 as well as the G17 I own. I found that I hit center better than the Glock 42 .380 I own. I like the Talon grip tape a lot, it was easy to install and seems to stick really well. It did not hinder the function of the gun at all. I also found that the X Grip extension on the G 19 magazine worked as it should. It did not hinder seating the magazine at all or ejecting it. I had no misfeeds of any kind. It also did not pinch my hand where there is a slight gap between the grip and the extension. The G 26 also still fit into the OWB Muddy River Tactical kydex holster with no problems. It was a fun day at the outdoor range with the slightly modified Glock 26 gen 4.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Handy lil pistol right there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Glock 26 I can make "small" if concealment is really important by using the 10 round magazine. It can also do everything, in this case, that a bigger Glock 19 can do with the 15 round magazine. I like this Glock.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Although I still carry my G26 occasionally, its primary role these days is as my bedside gun, with the G19 mag/X-Grip. If I want to carry it, I throw in the 10 round mag. I shoot it equally well either way.

·
Registered
972 Posts
OP - I've had a few G26s before and almost wish I had one now, but instead I just ordered a G27.4, my first Glock back in the winter of 04-05. I'm itching to pick it up in September.

Like you, I've used the X-Grips with 15 round mags in my Gen 4 Model 26. I was so confident in that little CC gun that I shot it in the SSP division of the IDPA and qualified Expert with it shooting the 'old' Classifier, which is a lot more demanding than the new 5X match. I may never achieve Master, but just shooting an Expert score was the highlight of my IDPA shooting.

There are many people who will tell you they shoot their baby Glocks better than the full size gun in the same caliber. Heck, Massad Ayoob wrote an article on why that is about 7-8 years ago. He told me which one it was on GlockTalk, but of course I can't remember.

Enjoy that gun. It's definitely one of the most versatile Glocks every produced.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Split the difference, get a Magpul 12 round G26 magazine. A G26 with that will carry better than with a G19 mag, and it gives you a full three finger grip. If you're going to carry a gun with the grip length of the G19, you might as well carry the G19.

Not my pic.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
The Glock 26 I can make "small" if concealment is really important by using the 10 round magazine. It can also do everything, in this case, that a bigger Glock 19 can do with the 15 round magazine. I like this Glock.
Kinda like having 2 guns for the price of one. Can't argue with that logic. Good thinking

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have been using a G19 Mag and Xgrip in my 26 for quite a while. I normally carry with a flush 10rd mag, but if Circumstances put me in a Nasty Location where multiple assailants may be encountered in goes the G19 mag. In my opinion this is better than packing a larger G19 when I have the Option of the smaller 26 with the same capacity.
G26-15.JPG

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If my G26 had a rail for a WML (that I very rarely use), my G19 would hardly ever get used.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Just picked up a G43 today and the G26 is next on my list of guns to buy.

Reactions: b2187101

·
Registered
81 Posts
I miss my old G26 Gen4. It shot as well or better than my G19's.

Here it is with a Pachmayr grip sleeve. It's good if you prefer a little more girth for your pinky (my X-Grip felt too small). The Pachmayr also has a set screw to secure it to a G19 or G17 mag.

Reactions: JMag1

·
Registered
554 Posts
If my G26 had a rail for a WML (that I very rarely use), my G19 would hardly ever get used.
That is one feature that I was honestly expecting them to add in the Gen 5...

I carry my Gen 4 with the flat 10-round mag with a G19 for reload. I had an X-Grip on that reload until it slipped up on the mag just enough not to be noticed but enough to keep the mag from seating. Luckily it happened at the range. That issue and the fact that it pinched my fingers during firing....I just tossed it and shoot my G19 mags naked. It is actually a pretty comfortable way to shoot it for me and I can use the same mags as reloads for my G26 or G19 depending on what I'm carrying. I like to keep things simple.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I did something similar, but with g17 mags, after adding a +2 extender. So I’ve got 19+1 round in it. I did this because my g26 turned out to not be a great CC gun for me. So I turned it into a home defense ”stash“ gun instead.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I use a 19 & 17 Mag with sleeve in my 26. Here it is with the 19. Can’t remember who made it.
3E7058E2-D536-46FD-A6DF-8050365EB6EE.jpeg

·
Registered
413 Posts
That is what I did when I had a G26. I carried it with the regular 10+1 magazine but had a G19 magazine with a sleeve as a spare. It was a good gun to shoot with the regular magazine and even better at the range with the G19 magazine!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts