Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling off my XD pistols and replacing with Glock (already did a bunch of research, and decided that a 27 was the best for me to replace my XD40sc). I haven't decided whether to replace the XD Service with a 22 or a 23, but that's a different topic for after I sell my XD Service.

What I need help with, is picking out an IWB holster. I've been carrying my XD in a first generation MTac, but apparently I can't get bodies for it anymore. I'm not really happy with it anyway, it won't stay where I put it.

What IWB holsters have you used for your Glocks, and what do you like or dislike about them?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Tommy Theis Tuckable horsehide with kydex clips. http://theisholsters.com/

Very comfortable after about 2 years of heavy use with a G26. It squeaked a little for about a month but it went away on its own. There are ways to make it stop squeaking if you need. It's also a little cumbersome to put on so it may not be a great "grab on your way out" holster but it shines as an all day rig. Great retention (can be adjusted with hot wet towel I'm told). Adjustable ride. Half to a third the price of some of the other hybrid tuckables with equal or greater quality, better customer service, and quicker ship times (in my experience). $55 cowhide / $65 horsehide.

·
Registered
414 Posts
N82 Original - GLOCK « (I personally did not like the Professional)

Old Faithful - Quick Assembly Kit - Assembled Hip Holster ? Old Faithful Holsters

Those are my two preferred IWB

But after much soul searching and holster buying, I've gone just about full time OWB - Mitch Rosen Express Line is less expensive and I am thrilled with my UPL-EXP. I prefer high riding, tight to the body. Rosen Product Line

Good luck with the holster hunt.

Iggy

·
Registered
157 Posts
After trying out Crossbreed Supertuck, Bravo Concealment owb, Garrett Fusion, and even a VM II...... I finally settled on a Milt Sparks Summer Special II for my G26.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You're getting a little of everything! I tried several IWB holsters and the one I like best (and have been using daily now for the past 7-8 months) is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Everything about it is just perfect. The only issues are the cost ($120+) and the wait (5-6 months). The nice things is these are very popular so if you decide you don't like it you can easily turn around and sell it (and probably not lose a dime).

Milt Sparks Holsters

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great suggestions guys, keep 'em coming :wave:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N82 Original - GLOCK « (I personally did not like the Professional)

Old Faithful - Quick Assembly Kit - Assembled Hip Holster ? Old Faithful Holsters

Those are my two preferred IWB

But after much soul searching and holster buying, I've gone just about full time OWB - Mitch Rosen Express Line is less expensive and I am thrilled with my UPL-EXP. I prefer high riding, tight to the body. Rosen Product Line

Good luck with the holster hunt.

Iggy
I prefer to carry OWB normally too, and I use a Serpa for that. A lot of ppl tell me they've had issues getting used to the finger switch, but I took to it pretty naturally.

That N82, do you ever have issues with the single clip design?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
414 Posts
I prefer to carry OWB normally too, and I use a Serpa for that. A lot of ppl tell me they've had issues getting used to the finger switch, but I took to it pretty naturally.

That N82, do you ever have issues with the single clip design?
No issue at all. The holster stays in place very well. The only thing to keep in mind with the N82 Original is you can't re-holster easily/one handed, but that doesn't bother me personally.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Favorite IWB for small guns

I prefer the Comp-Tac IWB "2 O'Clock" holster for small guns. I use this with a 642 revolver and a Kahr MK9, as shown below. I'm sure it would work well with a subcompact Glock. And Comp-Tac can make the holster and deliver it to you within about 10 days.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I have a Theis holster for my G23 that I got in just last week, but haven't had a chance to carry it yet.

My G27gen4 FDE is on layaway and I have a Garrett Silent Thunder slim appendix carry holster ordered for it. If I want to carry it on the strong side, I can always just use the Theis IWB.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There are many to choose from, some not so good, some ok, some better and some great. In the great category, and a most reasonable price tier is Old Faithful Kydex IWB.
If comfort, quality and price is of a concern to you I would at least give them a look see....here's mine....

iwb4.jpg

Assemble it yourself (they send all the parts) (it's easy) (take you 5 minutes) 39.95 plus shipping.....or get it already assembled for a few dollars more.

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Garrett Industries holsters are very nice. Leather lined kydex is the best of both worlds. I have a IWB. I also own a Don Hume that I bent the belt clip on ti give it some cant, it's more than OK, about $25.00.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Gotta say, the Galco King Tuck was the go to for my old G27. I am also a HUGE fan of the Comptac Minatour. Even though they pissed me off by changing the leather backing and not making holster shells for the older version that I have. But honestly, the best $90 you'll spend. The Galco is only $50 though, and just as comfy, just not as versatile.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts