Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I enter the world of Glock, can any of you experienced folks relate any problems or issues with converting the G27 to the G26? I have quite alot of both .40 and 9mm ammo and think that I can have almost a two for one. I know of the conversion barrel and G26 mags, anything else I should know? Thanks much!

·
Registered
38,060 Posts
Wish I could offer advice but I've got a Glock 30, which converts to ... a Glock 30! ;-)
Nice idea about converting the .40 to a 9mm. I haven't heard any complaints on other forums, so evidently, there isn't a problem or it would be ALL over the place.

If this is your first Glock, you'll probably figure out pretty quick that the factory slide lock lever (not the slide stop) is pretty small and difficult to use. The extended slide lock lever is about $12 and makes a BIG difference. Other than that there's nothing that needs to be changed or upgraded.

Make that the slide stop lever you need--the one that locks the slide back when empty. My deslexic mind is at work again!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks old vet. I have not heard any problems either with this conversion. Thanks for your advise on the slide stop lever. I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I actually have a Glock 27 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel. So far, all I have done is replaced the barrel, and used magazines from my Glock 19, but, I actually have been able to fire rounds using the original 40 cal mags.. The gun has been flawless so far in this mode. If I were to consider making the change permanent, I would change the extractor, and ejector as well.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the tips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts