Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Springfield XDSC 40sw

Votes: 32 46.4%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these would you prefer and why for IWB CCW? I will also be picking up a 357sig conversion barrel for which ever I choose and would love to hear if anyone has converted their 27 or XD to 357. I heard that all you need is a barrel change, no mag change.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
They are the same. Which platform do you prefer? Have you shot them? Find out which you like better to shoot.

Same stuff. There are a million threads like this one. Try doing a search and you will find your answer, grasshopper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I voted XD40sc - simply because for me it was the best option. As was said above, both are great guns - pick the one that feels best for you.
I do know that folks have had a hard time getting a conversion barrel for the XD40sc. For a long while I was waiting to buy a conversion barrel for .357 sig. Alas, people are still waiting for the same companies I was waiting on a year ago.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'm a converted Glock lover now, so...:image035:...the Glock it is.:yup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
XD fits me better, and I chose the 9mm for the higher cap (13rounds!). Both are good options.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Even the Glock barely could be considered a sub-compact. The Springfield is more G23 like. It's hard for me to think either of these chunky little guns as sub-compact. I always think of PM9's as a standard for sub size. Both your picks are good pistols though. :yup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depending on where and how you carry, you may consider getting a horsehide holster that fully covers where the slides would otherwise rest against your body/undershirt. I don't have a Glock 27 but I do carry my SAXD40SC with no issues. Also, I have heard the conversion barrels extend further out the front of the slide which I would say might be helpful in a fight if the BG was on you. There is something about paying $$$$$ for a conversion barrel though that makes it hard for me to justify when I could just go ahead and get another firearm.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I voted XD... never been crazy about the grip angle on the Glocks. Just personal preference.

·
Registered
779 Posts
GLOCK for this Marine (I carry one). Never been a big fan of XD. Though, the former poster is correct, the XD SC is closer to a G23 in size. At that point, HANDS DOWN, G23.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The XDSC is bigger, heavier, and bulkier than the G27.

Also, it has nothing to offer by way of an improvement over the Glock.

The XD isn't a bad gun, but the G27 is a much better choice; as would a G23, for a closer comparison.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd pick the Glock because it has a shorter grip height. I have a G26 and can easily pocket carry it, due to the short grip... I did pick the XD45 over a G21, so I'm fans of both brands... I've just never thought of the XDsc's as being that small...

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Don't

They are the same. Which platform do you prefer? Have you shot them? Find out which you like better to shoot.

Same stuff. There are a million threads like this one. Try doing a search and you will find your answer, grasshopper.
^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

·
Registered
42 Posts
xd, but you cant go wrong with either. a xd40sc way closer to the size of a g27 than a g23... don't let those comments throw you off base. Either way IMO I think 9mm is better for SC guns myself. More capacity and less muzzle flip make it more usable in almost any situation. The real answer... What do you shoot better? Glocks just hold horrible in my hand, I don't see why I should settle for that when other guns rival the reliability with better ergos.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The XDSC is bigger, heavier, and bulkier than the G27.

Also, it has nothing to offer by way of an improvement over the Glock.

The XD isn't a bad gun, but the G27 is a much better choice; as would a G23, for a closer comparison.
I'm no expert with either pistol but they seem so dimensionally similar, I find it hard to believe that pepole are saying one is that much bigger than the other. I guess the additional 0.57" height is what kills the XD? I copied the list below from some old post on another forum. XDsc got off to such a large head start and is barely hanging on to the lead now....come on XDsc40.....!!!

Springfield XD Sub-Compact --------------Glock 27
Caliber: 40S&W----------------------- CALIBER .40
Barrel: 3” Steel, Melonite,-------------- BARREL LENGTH 3.46 in.
Trigger pull: 5.5 - 7.7 lbs. ------------- TRIGGER PULL 5.5 lbs.
Slide Length: 6.25” ------------------- OVERALL LENGTH 6.29 in.
Height: 4.75” w/ Compact Mag -------- HEIGHT 4.17 in.
26 ozs. w/ Compact Mag,-------------- LOADED 26.98 oz.
Capacity : 9+1 RDS; 12+1 RDS -------- CAPACITY: 9/11/13/15/17
Width (unpublished) approx. 1.2 ------- WIDTH 1.18 in.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Even the Glock barely could be considered a sub-compact. The Springfield is more G23 like. It's hard for me to think either of these chunky little guns as sub-compact. I always think of PM9's as a standard for sub size. Both your picks are good pistols though. :yup:
Likewise, but still gota luv a Glock

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got them both and shoot them both. I find a little less recoil on the XD however it's not bad on the 27 either unlike if you were carrying a PM40, which is my choice for CC but the inherent snap in the .40 recoil is brutal IMHO. I voted 27 simply because it is a tad bit smaller (albeit, negligible) and as such I find it more comfy for CC apps. IWB is a breeze where as my XD's are OWB. But to qualify that, I'm 5'6" and a stocky 210lbs. If you've got bigger hands then the XD will most likely feel better. If the .357 conversion is important then that is another factor to consider the 27. Accuracy wise though, I find the XD to be spot on while the 27 has a tendency of shooting left and slightly down on the target at 20 yds. For the 27 I'd go Don Hume IWB and for the XD I'd go Galco OWB. Hope this helps! Best wishes.

KCGator

1 - 20 of 26 Posts