Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the Glock 28 is not available to the general public? Or reasoning behind it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not enough import points.
Don't know why anyone would want one when they are the same size as the 9mm and .40 versions

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Not enough import points.
Don't know why anyone would want one when they are the same size as the 9mm and .40 versions
I agree...pointless!

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Yep, just go with a 9mm.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Because glock realizes that 380s just generate caliber wars...

Reactions: zonker1986

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
They are made in Austria and dont qualify under ATF standards. The 9mm 40 and 357 are all the same size making the 380 pointless.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The import point system is more of the same "logic" as the rest of the sporting purpose foolishness. It's the same reason the small Glocks come with a grooved trigger and the full size ones don't. A grooved trigger is a target trigger of course, and gets an extra point that is lost in the overall size equation. A target trigger makes a gun much less evil of course.

Having said that, if Glock thought there was a market they would make it available. The gun is impractical as a .380, the only value is that it's rare and impossible to get. That gives it one million "don't see that everyday" points.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is a market for .380 Glocks, just not in the US. The Glock .380's appeal is for those countries where "military" caliber weapons are banned (9mm, .45, etc.) and the .40S&W isn't a viable option.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I don't see why anybody would want one anyway. Bigger framed .380's, IMO are pointless. Yes, I said bigger, even though it's a sub-compact Glock. Any pistol bigger than and LCP or P3AT is a waste, IMO of course :) There are no benefits of shooting .380 in the same sized frame as a 9mm or .40 over either of them. Not even cost. .380 belongs in tiny pockets guns for ultra concealment.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a market for .380 Glocks, just not in the US. The Glock .380's appeal is for those countries where "military" caliber weapons are banned (9mm, .45, etc.) and the .40S&W isn't a viable option.
Thanks. That was sort of what I thought. I also found that LEOs can buy them. Just no sales the othe general public.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with the post.

Best!

·
Registered
33,928 Posts
"They are made in Austria and dont qualify under ATF standards."

Yet there are dozens of imported .380s on the market, so...
And perhaps some people just want a .380 Glock to round out the collection?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Maybe people who are recoil sensitive would want one. Some older people have arthritis and can't handle much recoil.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Maybe people who are recoil sensitive would want one. Some older people have arthritis and can't handle much recoil.
Exactly. I tried for a while to find a .380 Glock for my wife. She insisted she wanted a larger gun that had the .380 round, so that it would have less recoil. In the end we ended up getting the Walther PK380. But it isn't nearly as good of quality as a Glock and doesn't hold as many rounds either. I'd most certainly buy one if I knew where to get my hands on one without paying a small fortune.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Get a diamond back .380. Closest thing you will get to a Glock .380

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Exactly. I tried for a while to find a .380 Glock for my wife. She insisted she wanted a larger gun that had the .380 round, so that it would have less recoil. In the end we ended up getting the Walther PK380. But it isn't nearly as good of quality as a Glock and doesn't hold as many rounds either. I'd most certainly buy one if I knew where to get my hands on one without paying a small fortune.
Bersa Thunder .380 Plus.....15+1. Around $350..................."If you are gonna shoot little bullets, have lots of little bullets." -- Massad Ayoob.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have no conection with the link below, it is included as a reference to this post.
Browning BDA 380 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com.

If I was looking for a high capacity 380 pistol I would look at one of these. A fellow LEO purchase one in 1977, It shot great and he did shoot it a lot. Most of use didn't see a need for a High Cap .380 either as an off duty gun or as a BUG that big. But he did and he was happy with it.

I have seen them listed as low as $299.00

1 - 18 of 18 Posts