Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the MIGHTY Glock gave me its first issue today. When I fired the last round in the magazine about half the time the slide would not lock back. What do you think is causing this?

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Weak magazine springs or worn followers possibly. Using factory Glock mags I take it? How many of your mags giving you issues? It could be other things, but we'll go at it one step at a time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2 magazines are only 4-5 months old I have a newer mag I will try and report back also cleaned it last night and noticed that there was some extra gunk around the slide lock.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Clean out the "gunk".

If that doesn't fix the problem, check you followers for damage.

Has your grip changed recently? Is it possible that your thumb is riding the Slide Stop Lever?

Most likely it's the gunk. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I had the same problem on the G30 I have after I went the firearms training in the academy. I had a different grip and my thumb would ever so slightly touch the slide stop. Shocked me when it happened and realized what it was had to work on my thumb placement with the grip we use.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If the mag springs are new and the gun is new, you might be holding the slide lock lever down with your thumb.

Second part? Your loads may not be hot enough to get the slide all the way back. Any factory load is fine, but reloads--yours or someone elses--may be responsible.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the same problem when my 23 was about 6 months old, but it was only with the 13 round mags. The 15 rounders still work with no problems.

If cleaning an/or checking the follower is not the problem try the Wolff springs.

I ordered some Wolff 10% extra power mag springs and it never happened again in about 2,500 rounds so far. (Even with dirty as heck range ammo)

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Well, there have been new ideas surface here today. I guess we are waiting on a follow up to the O.P.'s original issue, and what steps have been taken or if it's cured. I just thought reading the replies from today, and since it surfaced again, I'd like to add a few cents for what I'm worth. The Wolff magazine springs suggestions always seem to get me, and I feel that I cannot keep silent any longer about it. This seems like an opportune time for me, and I'm gonna go for it. I have never used anything other than Glock stock (OEM) magazine springs in any (any) of my Glock magazines. I've had issues with several mags, and always replaced them with Glock springs and/or followers. Riding on some 12+ years of Glock ownership, carry, and hard range time. I've bought used magazines like you wouldn't believe to save a buck or two and increase their numbers. Over the years I've probably had five (5) magazines that have given me problems, and I swap out the spring and follower post haste once an issue rears it's ugly head at the range, and fix it with OEM parts. This is my experience, and I'm not sure why I think I might be saving you some hard earned money by telling you this, but I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts