Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out about the glock 30sf with 36 slide...can anyone tell me who has pictures that are still available and also a thread that talks about the testing of it (how many rounds, good, bad, etc)?

·
Registered
38,055 Posts
What would be the point of putting a G36 slide on a G30? Is there some sort of advantage with the G36 slide? Is there any difference (both .45 acp)?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
So, I read this, and so "No way will that work"...and to prove it, I get out my G30 (standard) and G36 and attempt to swap...

Huh...wouldja look at that.

It does work; you can put a G36 slide on a G30 (didn't shoot it, though).

Can't for the life of my think of why one woudl want to do it, though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
apparently after reading, its not as wide as the 30sf slide, so it weighs less, fits more holsters, and you keep the 10 round advantage of the 30 over the 36. It seems to be a huge deal after reading some threads on the hybrid glock.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Makes no sense to me. My Glock-36 is a fine EDC, and I can see no reason to interchange the slide with a G-30.:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
ive shot the combo. my G36 slide on a buddy's G30 frame. it worked fine... about 100rds.

the overall hybrid isnt as thin as the G36 obviously but having the thinner slide helps quite a bit inside the belt. that huge fat slide on the G30 ruins it for me.

the hybrid obviously has the advantage of the G30 capacity, but slims down the bulk of the slide for a bit more comfort IWB.

is it worth buying both to combine? no not IMHO... but if i had both i would never carry the G30 without the G36 slide.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Makes no sense to me. My Glock-36 is a fine EDC, and I can see no reason to interchange the slide with a G-30.:confused::confused::confused:
the G30 frame/magazine has a larger capacity.

the G36 slide is thinner than the G30 slide. it obviously doesnt magically slim he G30 frame, but the hybrid unit fits inside a belt quite a bit better than the G30 with its own fat slide.

thats pretty much it. thats why people do it.

(FWIW i think the G36 is a fine EDC as well)

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
Anybody want to buy a GLOCK 30 uniquely fit with a chopped GLOCK 36 Frame so that it prints less. :rofl:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone respond who has fired this weapon with at least 1,000 rounds? Please let me know if it was a success?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I think Wasabi made one...search his posts...you will porbably find it.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Earlier today, I decided on a new 36 but this combo idea sounds wrong to me. With all the mods for the Glock, there has to be a better way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks jwhite75, but he didn't do it with that specific glock, if anyone can shed some more light on this combo(glock 36 slide on glock 30sf frame) it would be appreciated... Just want to know if it cycles smoothly and no other issues past 1,000 rounds...another member that shot up to 500 rounds on one did not get back to me on how it works....

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
apparently after reading, its not as wide as the 30sf slide, so it weighs less, fits more holsters, and you keep the 10 round advantage of the 30 over the 36. It seems to be a huge deal after reading some threads on the hybrid glock.
I can't see that the minimal difference would be of any practical benefit! :33:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks jwhite75, but he didn't do it with that specific glock, if anyone can shed some more light on this combo(glock 36 slide on glock 30sf frame) it would be appreciated... Just want to know if it cycles smoothly and no other issues past 1,000 rounds...another member that shot up to 500 rounds on one did not get back to me on how it works....
I haven't tried it with any Glock. IMO, Glocks are basically perfect as is in their simple design. Leave Gaston's 'Perfection' the way he meant it to be. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
the G30 frame/magazine has a larger capacity.

the G36 slide is thinner than the G30 slide. it obviously doesnt magically slim he G30 frame, but the hybrid unit fits inside a belt quite a bit better than the G30 with its own fat slide.

thats pretty much it. thats why people do it.

(FWIW i think the G36 is a fine EDC as well)
You would still have the double stack grip of the G30 to deal with so I don't see that the marginal difference would be that, if any, beneficial. Just fire an extra mag in your weak side pocket and stick with the stock 36 if you want an ultra concealable, reliable .45.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I agree on a Glock being a great gun as-is, but there is always better...to me this combo is the best from Glock. Best .45 concealed carry gun...Pros: thinner slide for better concealment, 10+1 rounds, and a rail for weapon light. I do like options....and this gun gives you that....Please reply with the cons...willing to listen!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Yes, I agree on a Glock being a great gun as-is, but there is always better...to me this combo is the best from Glock. Best .45 concealed carry gun...Pros: thinner slide for better concealment, 10+1 rounds, and a rail for weapon light. I do like options....and this gun gives you that....Please reply with the cons...willing to listen!
Well, it's really not slimmer, though; the G30 frame, at it's widest, is still wider than the G30 slide...so, really, you're not slimming the G30 down at all. It might arguably be a little lighter...but I do wonder if thte lighter slide would still be as reliable, all things considered.

I'll be keeping my G30 slide on my G30, and my G36 slide on my G36. I can see absolutely no benefit to this hybrid at all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts