Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have one on my hip as I am typing this, carry it most of the time in a Ron Held (ebay) holster. The holster looks like a Cross Breed, so far I am pretty pleased with it, but will end up getting a nice leather IWB soon. Great EDC can't go wrong with the G30. IMHO.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I used to carry a G30 in a Don Hume J.I.T. holster. I traded away my G30 for a P220.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I used to carry a G30 in a Don Hume J.I.T. holster. I traded away my G30 for a P220.
Not to hijack....as I dont own a G30...I do own a 19 and a 26 and have owned a 27....but I want a new 45...not a 1911.....so I have thought about a G30 or a 36 or a P220 (yes, big price difference) but please, give me your thoughts, comparisons etc.

As of now, I own a S&W 4516 (had it since 1989-ish) and a Safari Arms Cogan Custom 1911 (owned since 88 or so)....but I want another 45 so please, give me your thoughts/reviews of the P220 and the G30

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not to hijack....as I dont own a G30...I do own a 19 and a 26 and have owned a 27....but I want a new 45...not a 1911.....so I have thought about a G30 or a 36 or a P220 (yes, big price difference) but please, give me your thoughts, comparisons etc.

As of now, I own a S&W 4516 (had it since 1989-ish) and a Safari Arms Cogan Custom 1911 (owned since 88 or so)....but I want another 45 so please, give me your thoughts/reviews of the P220 and the G30
Dependable, accurate, reliable, concealable, eats about anything you feed it, and I like the way it fits my hand. I have owned two and both have been great shooters right out of the box. I would not hesitate to recommend the G30. My 2 cents. :hand10:

·
Registered
419 Posts
My normal carry is a G30 OWB in a Kramer scabbard. I also have a Crossbreed SuperTuck that is very comfortable if I wear bigger pants.
I find the G30 carried OWB, T shirt with open shirt over it is just fine for me. The Kramer holds the gun in close and either my Beltman or a Wilderness belt makes all day carry a breeze.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Usually my G30 is in a Bianchi Carrylok OWB (it's actually for a G21, but works great with a G30, too).

Occasionally in a Galco Royal Guard IWB.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a 30sf in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I wear it most every day, all day. The most comfortable setup I have. Can't say enough good things about the gun and holster.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Ram Rod, you got rid of a Glock!!! This I cannot believe.

I usually carry my G27 off-duty. But today I carried my 30 in a Raven Ghost OWB holster. I have a spare 21 mag in a Raven single mag carrier.

It is a very comfortable set up. The holster did not have great retention when I received it. I had to send it back for them to correct it. They made good on the holster and it has better retention now. The holster weighs next to nothing.

The 30 sure is a sweet shooter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I carry my G30SF and G29SF in a Galco JAK holster and also a Galco concealment holster. I like them both.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I carry my G30 in a Tucker Gunleather "Silent Thunder". It is a great kydex holster that is leather lined. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
809 Posts
G30 in an MTAC. Don't mind the belt clips being all catty-wampus, I had just taken the holster out of the package. Comp-Tac is getting slow, their wait is something like 5 days now! MTAC or Crossbreed would be my recommendation. With a good belt of course.

·
Registered
159 Posts
G30sf in Crossbreed Supertuck. Hunter Pro-Hide 1.5" Belt. Carried with 10+1 Remington 230gr Golden Saber BJHP. Accurate, powerful, soft to shoot, comfy to carry. Oh, and dead solid reliable. What more could you want?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts