Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time I shot my new G30. Wow! :banana: With some minor issues I like it as much as my G21. Only three rounds shy, and no more if not less kick than a G21. It make a very nice CC firearm.

I am still trying to break in the 10rd mags. The 10th round can be hard to get in. With 10rd does not slide in the mag well with the slide in battery very easily. Also stripping off the 10th round some times needed a little persuasion. This issue should go away when the spring get some wear on it. Any ideas on speeding up the process other than just, loading, and unloading?

The G30 hits my palm a little funny but putting 100 rounds thorough was not a chore. Unlike my neighbors G27, after one mag I was done. I think it would be very controllable with the 9rd mags with no finger rest.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I really like the G30 even though I have the G36. The only reason I did not pick up a G30 is that I got a smoking deal on the G36 from a friend. The 2 have very different handling characteristics, but both get the job done rather well.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Just a stick on nylon I had laying around and the end caps are little plastic protective covers.

I just needed something better then that thing Glock provides.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
added price info.

See if your local gunshop carries HKS mag loaders for your Glock, I get them for all my pistols. They're not overly expensive - haven't bought any in a while but IIRC the HKS loaders run about $10 to $15 and really save your thumbs. Brownells has this one that's similar, though I haven't used that brand. Looks to be more expensive but might also be better quality.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=20389&title=CAMBI+LOADER

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The mag loader that came with my G30 worked just fine.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seams the follower was bottoming out, and causing most of the trouble.

I filed down the back edge of the follower to 1.21mm, and thing are much less tight. Not the best but much better.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have heard somewhere that GLOCK mags can bind up when the underside edges of the follower get pushed against the side of the mag when loading. Maybe I'm wrong and I heard a slight beveling of the edge will cure it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts