Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratchchin: Hey everyone,
I have been contemplating buying a g30 to add to my collection. I have two questions.
How do people like this gun?
Is 459 on a used one a decent price?
I have a G17 that I love so I am not asking about GLOCK per say but rather the model.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Blocky but effective

The Glock 30 is a chunky little gun with a wide grip area, but almost everybody that has one loves it. If you like the feel of the grip and trigger I'd go for it. I think $459 for a used one in good condition is a fair price. They are generally about $530 new, I believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought mine at a gun show in Dallas about 1 year ago. Paid $505 plus tax for a brand new G30 with Meprolight night sights installed. So you make the call. I think you could get one a little cheaper. Depends on the condition. What condition is this in? Finish? How many rounds through it? What was it used for, carry, range or home gun? Just my $.02

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good price for the area I live in.

Jungle Work

·
Registered
204 Posts
In MA, we can only buy Glocks registered in the state before '98. This makes them hard to find. I had to pay $700 for my used G30 and it took me a long time to find one, even though I was basically willing to pay anything.

Between my Dad and I, we own about 20+ pistols of assorted calibers: I have a 9mm 92FS, a walther PPK, a sig .308, a couple S&W 45 autos, etc. The G30 is by far the nicest pistol I've every owned. I've only put about a 1000 rounds through it so far, but it has NEVER jammed and it's very, very accurate.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I am in the process of trading a gun in for my former G30. I miss it too much.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it!!!!

Hey,
thanks for your input. It seems like people generally like the gun. I went out and bought it. Just couldn't help it. I have not owned a 45 yet so this is my first one (and probably not the last). I only got ten rounds through it before it started to downpour. I shot the G17 too and to tell the truth, the 45 only feels like it has slightly more kick to it ... but only slightly. I am already in love. I would post pics but I dont have a digital camera. Same ol' glock though so I am sure you all know what they look like. I can't wait to get out again and shoot some more. :haha: :biggrin2: :danceban:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts