Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Glock 30 gen4 a month or so back and wanting to try some other sights. I've seen the fiber optic ones and know there are others but I've no idea which to go with. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I only have experience with what I run on my G21. I have Meprolight TRU DOT night sights. There very nice for the price and have color options between front and rear. Mine have yellow rear with a green front. I'm also a big fan of trijicon HD sights. Blacked out rear with viles and green front that sticks out well with a white outer ring. I have no experience with fiber optic sights, but have heard mixed reviews with the rods falling out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went with the Meprolight night sights as well... made a big and pleasurable difference for me, much easier to get a good sight picture and I seem to be hitting better with them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I've had good luck with mepro light and trijicon HD. Depending on what you like I tried a Vickers Battle sight from Wilson Combat. Very prescise but the front was a little tall for my liking. Defenatly well made. I don't like fiber optic personally though some are well protected so they aren't easily damaged.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
IME:
The recommended size Meprolight will hit high at 7 yards, requires a 6 o'clock hold (I dislike) like the factory sights.
Meprolight low profile for a Glock 26/27 will hit lower, allowing me to aim on at 7 yards, preferred.
Truglo TFO (recommended size) hit pretty much on and my eyes pick them up quickly.
My personal preference is Truglo TFO with green front / yellow rear, I installed those on a 1911 too.
(Edit: yes, POI can be altered with bullet weight, 160 gr. Tac-XP hitting lowest, 185 up a bit, 230 gr. hitting highest)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Trijicon HD are my favorite pistol sights. They are tough, reliable, bright, and the combination of a big orange golf ball on the end of the muzzle, big 'ol U notch, and a blacked out rear of the sight make for quick and positive sight acquisition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts