Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im in the market for a new EDC in 45 so im wondering everyones thoughts on these 2. Any experiences good or bad. Which would you choose Glock 30s or XDMC 45?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I like the XD-S but I want to have at least 10 rounds in my sidearm thats what draws me to the XDMc.
Get an extended mag so you're at 7+1, and carry a second mag.

If you really want to go with XDM, then why stay at 10 rounds? Go with 13 rounds plus the AGParms PLUS 3 for a total of 16 rounds plus one in the chamber.

(Actually I have this for my .40 XDSC and love it. It's very secure.)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the XDMc im looking at comes with a 9 rd mag and a 13 rd mag. I would probably just stick with the 13rd mags for carry.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Both The G30sf & XD-M (Compact) look great for EDC. I would carry either with the standard magazine and save the 13 round as the spare.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can shoot both good. Ive been shooting since i was seven and my dad has a nice collection so ive shot most everything and enough to come pretty proficient with almost anything i put my hands on.

·
Registered
42,984 Posts
I've never been able to warm up to the XDs. I'll stick with my G30. Personal preference.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its plus but i regularly carry a Glock 32C so Im not worried about the safety features so much as i am the fit and function of the weapon.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just picked up the g30. Have been edc'ing my Kimber ultra covertII. The g30 is so bulky that it makes Kimber feel like a feather (it's only 27 oz). I may trade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts