Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on pocket carrying the "pocket rocket"? There are a lot of reasons I can think of for pocket carrying if you already plan on carrying a subcompact. My daily workwear consists of 5.11 taclite pro shorts or pants, both have big, deep front pockets and already have a spare mag pocket (that I currently use for my Leatherman). It doesn't look like you're reaching for a weapon. It's more comfortable than IWB. You can put your hand in your pockets and have the pistol essentially at the ready.

1. What are your thoughts on pocket carry?
2. Holster recommendations for Glock 33 pocket carry?
3. Will a pocket holster work on a Glock 33 with a +0 pinky extension on the magazine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't pocket carry my G33 often but when I go, I use a Don Hume pocket holster. Works pretty good even with the +2 extension.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I don't pocket carry my G33 often but when I go, I use a Don Hume pocket holster. Works pretty good even with the +2 extension.

Nice little rig! Great looking Don Hume.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
You consider the G33 a pocket rocket?

You must have big pockets.

There's no way I'd be able to effectively draw that from a pocket.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My pockets are normal as far as I can tell. I know my Wife's jeans pockets are shallow. So this wouldn't work for all pockets. I can draw just fine from the pocket. I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets usually so I don't like to pocket carry often.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You consider the G33 a pocket rocket?
I've never seen one in person. They are non-existent in local gun stores, even Gander Mountain firearm mega ultra center and range rentals. I would have to transfer. I was using Glock's own terminology, hence the quotes.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Over my pocket carry limit. I put a LW barrel in my G27.:smile:

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I pocketed my G26 while on duty as a BUG. We were issued 5.11 pants, which have pockets made for it. That said, it is too large and heavy to carry that way daily. Once you get much past 16oz or so, it starts to feel like a brick in your pocket. IMHO

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I primarily pocket carry and IMO it would be way too heavy and hard to draw for pocket carry. But if it works for ya, more power to you.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I've never seen one in person. They are non-existent in local gun stores, even Gander Mountain firearm mega ultra center and range rentals. I would have to transfer. I was using Glock's own terminology, hence the quotes.
Well, its bigger than the new Springfield XDS, and that's also too big for pocket carry, in my opinion. You'd have to have some pretty darn good sized pants, and a belt that would definitely keep you from sagging if you were to pocket carry that.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
For me, Beretta Nano or J-Frame is pushing it for pocket carry, P3AT or LCP is optimum.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
"Huge muzzle blast!"

Giggle....

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I bought my G27 for pocket carry but after a while I got a milt sparks SS2 IWB and have not looked back. The G27 is ok in the pocket empty at the LGS, then get home load it up with bullets. Then u got a brick in ur pocket, way too heavy.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I pocketed my G26 while on duty as a BUG. We were issued 5.11 pants, which have pockets made for it. That said, it is too large and heavy to carry that way daily. Once you get much past 16oz or so, it starts to feel like a brick in your pocket. IMHO
Lol, I agree. I was about to say that that 33 is a pocket full.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Why would someone ask here. Go to a gun shop and see if a 9mm, 357 or 40cal version fits for your self. Then you can deside . I had a g27 and for me heck no it does not work as a pocket pistol.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why would someone ask here. Go to a gun shop and see if a 9mm, 357 or 40cal version fits for your self. Then you can deside . I had a g27 and for me heck no it does not work as a pocket pistol.
I already did with a Glock 27 without a pinky extension. It seems ok, but 5 minutes in a gun store is NOT the same as carrying it around all day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just dont get how people think a G33 is too big to pocket carry. It really isnt that big of a gun. I can carry mine all day and it doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
It all depends on the pockets. If you really wanted to, you could alter your pockets by enlarging and reinforcing them, basically making them into built-in holsters. I believe some old-west gunfighters did this to pocket-carry guns much larger than a G33.

It seems when people think of "pocket guns," they typically mean guns that are usable in a pocket holster with an average everyday front pants pocket. By this definition, I believe a G33 is too large - my .357 LCR is lighter and less bulky, and is about the limit of what I personally would want to pocket-carry in my stock Wranglers. But maybe it would work for you. I think the test is, with the gun in your pocket, lift your knee until your thigh is parallel with the floor (as it would be when sitting). This stretches the cloth around the gun and presses the gun against your leg. If it's still comfortable and isn't printing, it's a candidate for pocket carry.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts