Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe old news to some but i didnt know ..

My 36 i sold this year would have been covered

August 8, 2005

Glock prides itself in the quality of its pistol and the quality of its manufacturing process. Despite our high standards, however, it has recently come to our attention through our quality testing efforts that a limited number of Glock Model 36 pistols may have an abnormality that could possibly interfere with the operation of the Glock trigger safety. The affected pistols require a simple but necessary modification to ensure the trigger safety operates as intended. IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE SAFE OPERATION OF YOUR GLOCK 36 THAT THIS MODIFICATION BE MADE AT GLOCK'S U.S. HEADQUARTERS IN SMYRNA, GA.

If you possess a Glock Model 36 with a serial number in the ranges below PLEASE IMMEDIATELY UNLOAD THE FIREARM AND CLEAR THE CHAMBER. Deliver the pistol to :
1. A UPS Hub (not a store)
2. The place of business where you purchased the firearm of a dealer in your area with a daily UPS pick up.

***Always have the package boxed and labeled with the preprinted return label attached***
If you have any problems with this UPS shipping procedure, please contact Costumer Service toll free at 1-800-701-1558.

Glock will quickly perform the modification and return your pistol to you at no cost. The serial number of your Glock 36 can be found on the silver serial number plate located on the underside of the frame towards the front of the pistol.

The affected serial number ranges are:
GKD 000-999
GLM 000-999
GRC 500-999

Glock takes the safety of our customers very seriously. Safety and the quality of our products are always our highest concern. We appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions or concerns please call Glock, Inc. Customer Service toll free at: 1-866-538-3517

Sincerely,
Glock, Inc.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Thanks Bud

Very valuable information that absolutely should be posted on the forum.
Luckily, my own Glock 36 is not affected.
It's such a neat little .45
Any forum members with a Glock 36 that in the problem SN Ranges...please have your firearm made right.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Glock will pay the shipping for you. Call customer service, ask for "Fred" and he'll head you in the right direction...I spoke to him regarding my G29 and any/all releted issues (which there were none, but I was checking on recalls)
Fred was VERY helpfull, curtious, and fast on response time in calling me back.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CLASS3NH said:
Glock will pay the shipping for you. Call customer service, ask for "Fred" and he'll head you in the right direction...I spoke to him regarding my G29 and any/all releted issues (which there were none, but I was checking on recalls)
Fred was VERY helpfull, curtious, and fast on response time in calling me back.
Thought You were Gonna send that G29 to me :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Bud White said:
Thought You were Gonna send that G29 to me :biggrin:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I'm waiting for that 500 to come my way from you LOL...... :biggrin:
Actually, I'm waiting for a good used one to show up at the store for you...I have one, a 20C that's just itching for you to buy it too :biggrin:
BTW, we got a 4 incher.Smith 500 in the other day........looking pretty good to me for sure :biggrin:
we ALSO got a G21 45 ACP with the reduced grip that accepts the G30 Mags. REAL comfy and looks good too :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Bud & CLASS3

Seems to me like you two need a trusted "Middle~Man"
Send them both to me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
QKShooter said:
Seems to me like you two need a trusted "Middle~Man"
Send them both to me. :biggrin:
(waving several Glocks in front of QK) Yous can't resist the Force..........come to the Dark Side, and try a 10MM gun........
Then get a 357 Sig BBl.......
BTW..I saw my forst Sig P239 SAS gun (black frame stainless slide with Complete Meltdown treatment in DAO.......REAL SLICK gun!! :biggrin: This one just might be the one for Chris LOL :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts