Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was the scuttlebutt on Saturday at a local IDPA match. Anyone else heard of this?

It's an interesting concept because at the moment I believe the closest thing to a comfy CC Glock with a tactical rail is the G19/23 frame. I've always like the option of mounting a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my Gen 4 Model 19 and have stockpiled a goodly amount of 9mm self defense ammo ... so making a jump to .45 ACP is a bit of a stretch for this miserly retiree. The ability to keep the 19 lighted for home defense and simply remove the light for a morning walk has been very useful in recent weeks.

Anyway, not sure if the G36 would carry concealed any better for comfort or 'printing' than a G19 holstered IWB at about 3:30.

Any thoughts or confirmations on the rumors about the G36?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The 36 always seemed to be a concealed carry oriented pistol, so I don't see much demand for a rail. A 30 is nearly identical to the 19 size wise, and you don't give up as many rounds. Those are available with a rail IIRC.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes there are 36's with rails. It is new. It is not much smaller than the G19. Hardly at all. I got rid of my G36 and got the 45 shield

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Yep thats all they did

Stupid they should have made a flush fit mag ..The only glock I hate is the 36 due to the mag/gun gap

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
FWIW, my Gen 2.5 G-36 fits several of my G-19 holsters. I do find the G-36 carries better than my G-19 FWIW.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I had a G36 for years. Loved shooting it. Hardly ever carried. The G19 conceals just as easy and holds a lot more ammo. A S&W mod 60 conceals a lot easier. A CCO 1911 conceals better and holds more ammo, looks better, and feels better in my hand. The G36 is just one of those guns that I didn't see any advantage to. Everything it could, I had something that could do it better.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I had a G36 for years. Loved shooting it. Hardly ever carried. The G19 conceals just as easy and holds a lot more ammo. A S&W mod 60 conceals a lot easier. A CCO 1911 conceals better and holds more ammo, looks better, and feels better in my hand. The G36 is just one of those guns that I didn't see any advantage to. Everything it could, I had something that could do it better.
Interesting that there's so much attention given to other single stack 45's ( Shield, XDs) but little talk from the same crowd about the 36.

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
The Glock 36. The neglected runt stepchild of the Glock family. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
I've had some Glocks come and go over the years but I still have my Gen 2.5 G-36. I enjoy shooting it and it served me well as a BUG and off-duty before I retired. BTW, it well past the 2,500 rd mark with zero problems.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Ok I don't know a lot about Glock but you folks have me curious as I just looked up the 36. If the 36 is the compact with less ammo why is it longer than the 30.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I had a 36 never warmed up to it, like the XDs much better BUT a Colt Defender is what I carry when that role is required a couple more round, better trigger and not much heavier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts