Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a G27 (.40) and I was given a couple 15 round magazines to use with it when target practicing. One is a .40 and the other is a .357, both say LE/government only. They are both pretty well beat up. So .357 mags work with .40? And what's with the LE/government only mags? There is no restrictions in my state on magazine capacity.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The "Law Enforcement/Government only" were manufactured during the assault weapon ban that lasted from 1994-2004. During that time, civilians were limited to either pre-ban magazines or 10 round mags only.

And yes, you can safely swap 357/40 cal glock mags with no worries. They're interchangable.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
In the post I deleted, I thought there was mention of .357 Magnum, not simply using a magazine marked for the .357 Sig caliber to hold .40 S&W caliber rounds. The magazines you have will both hold and feed .40S&W rounds... Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't shoot a 357sig out of a 40 barrel the 357 mag fits in the g27 gun but you have to swap out the barrel for a 357 sig barrel.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah, I figured that part. I don't really know the benefit of having .357 vs .40 though.
.357 sig has higher muzzle velocity and more energy per ft/lb...balistically speaking.

I would take the .40 cal over it all day long because the ammo is more readily available and popular.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
.357 sig has higher muzzle velocity and more energy per ft/lb...balistically speaking.

I would take the .40 cal over it all day long because the ammo is more readily available and popular.
And .40 is a bigger hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts