Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input from you guys that have experience with these 2 guns. I have a 27 and love it but find it too heavy for edc.

I'm wondering how the 43 would shoot compared to the 27. The recoil of the 27 is too much for quick 2nd and 3rd shots. Would the recoil of the 43 be much different given its about 5 ounces lighter?

I plan to use a laser sight which also might interfere with the off hand support on the front of the trigger guard.

·
Registered
57 Posts
43 is a snappy little gun. I've shot one several times.

I own a 42 and a 27. Shot them consecutively last weekend to see which is easiest to control with double tapping. I'm just as accurate on follow up shots with both. Maybe a hair quicker with the 27. The added weight does help with controlling the recoil and getting back on target.

Sent from my SM-G920V

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I can double tap quicker with my G27 than I can with the G43. The G43 is a single stack pistol and much lighter than either the G26 or G27 and may have more felt recoil in 9mm than your G27 does in 40SW. I personally think the G27 is one of the great concealed carry weapons of all time. Adequate firepower, powerful round and pretty easy to shoot well. I know several LEO's that carry the G27 as both a backup gun and their off duty weapon. You might step down to the G26 if the G27 is too snappy (I don't find the 40 at all snappy in the G27), but it will have only marginally less weight than the G27.

I personally would stick with the G27 and learn to master the recoil. Remember that recoil is your friend and tells you are not throwing BB's down range.....and buy yourself a good gun belt.

Reactions: smolck

·
Registered
189 Posts
I find the opposite. The 27 is way snappier for me. I also carried a PM9 for about 5 years. That is more comparable to a 27 IMO.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have a 26 ... Basically same weight as your 27 ... The 43 would be smaller & lighter .. If you are worried of recoil .. use standard pressure ammo ..in the 43 ..

And if you want a compromise.. Buy a Lonewolf 27 to 26 barrel ..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Would a laser around the trigger guard make it more difficult to control the recoil? I put my off hand finger around the guard now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
On the weight issue buy a good belt and holster, as far as recoil goes I would actually recommend the shield over the 43. I thought my buddy was lying when he told me his was a 40 because its recoil was nearly identical to 9mm. As far as laser(s) I find them gimmicky and personally put 0 faith in them. So I could not tell you about ones effect on recoil or grip.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Have you tried a Shield? To me the Shield absorbs recoil much better than most other sub-compacts.

Reactions: jaowens76
1 - 8 of 8 Posts