Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently carry a Glock 43, and I have been considering an Ankle Holster. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with either the Gould & Goodrich or the BugBite -- or is there something better than either of these. I don't wear skinny pants, but I also don't wear boots -- just low-cut shoes.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
I carry a G26 in an Alessi ankle holster at least one day a week. I can't tell you whether either of the holsters you mention are good quality or not. Alessi does make a very high quality holster but the wait time is long.

This is a good way to carry, if you have a need for it (as a back up gun, or you spend a lot of time in a vehicle). Not good for primary carry if you spend most of your time standing or walking.

I am sure the G43 will conceal well and work well that way. One thing that nobody told me before I went this route is that you may need to buy pants that are longer than what you might normally wear, particularly if you are getting in and out of a tall SUV or pick-up truck. I bought pants two inches longer than what I usually wear just for this purpose.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Check out galco ankle holsters , I use one some times with a s&w642 Strap

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I carried a Sig 238 in a Galco ankle holster for about a year. Then started pocket carry. Felt it was a more natural motion and faster reaction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts