Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
First, try putting a tiny bit of grease on the contact points. This doesn't make them lighter, but smooths out Glock triggers quite a bit.

Second, if it's too heavy, buy one of these:

glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom G42&G43 EDGE CONNECTOR glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom

Third, you could buff the parts with a dremel, but I've read some horror stories about this and have definitely handled Glocks where the trigger was too light.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why would you want to improve the trigger on a G43 if you are going to carry it? There have been some updates to the connector. You can remove the connector and see what part number you have. I have the older style connector and I bought the newer style and it did absolutely no change. I bought the Ghost edge and that was a tiny bit lighter..I put the OEM back in and have been happy ever since. If it's just a range gun then I would look at getting a G 19 or G 17 instead

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
IMHO all you need is to smooth and polish the parts. Thankfully, Glock pistols are ridiculously simple and the trigger is easily smoothed out. Try watching a few videos like this:

Obviously, use caution and care.

-

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Why would you want to improve the trigger on a G43 if you are going to carry it? There have been some updates to the connector. You can remove the connector and see what part number you have. I have the older style connector and I bought the newer style and it did absolutely no change. I bought the Ghost edge and that was a tiny bit lighter..I put the OEM back in and have been happy ever since. If it's just a range gun then I would look at getting a G 19 or G 17 instead
Why wouldn't you improve a crappy trigger on a carry gun? Mine is one of the very first ones made and the trigger is terrible, but I couldn't get the ghost connector to work right so I left it alone. Maybe the new ones are better, but the OP might not have one of those.

Reactions: drmordo

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Why wouldn't you improve a crappy trigger on a carry gun? Mine is one of the very first ones made and the trigger is terrible, but I couldn't get the ghost connector to work right so I left it alone. Maybe the new ones are better, but the OP might not have one of those.
I agree. I had another early version, and even with the Ghost connector it had a terrible trigger. I sold mine almost immediately.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well for one he just posted today about his NEW G43. Chances are very slim that he got an old stock NIB G43. Not impossible though as I just purchased a S&W MPc 9mm that was old stock from 3/2014. If he has a new one then most likely his crappy trigger is just fine for carry

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
We purchased my wife's G43 last month. I own 4 other Glocks and don't feel there is any difference between the trigger on the G43 and that on my G17, G19, G26, and G30SF.

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Obviously, use caution and care.

-
I do not know how identical the G43 is to the G42 inside, but here is what happened when Gramps did the 25 cent trigger job on my G42: It quit working!

The 42 is made just enough differently from the larger Glocks that Gramps did not notice that there is a two part-part that must go together in a certain way. It cost $40 at our LGS store for them to look at it and "fix it". That did not make me a bit happy. And then they added insult to injury by slathering grease on the rails top of my Frog Lube, despite the fact that the gun went with written instructions stressing that only Frog Lube had ever been used on it and they were to use NOTHING ELSE. So - repeating USE CAUTION AND CARE, and pay very, very close attention to what went where before you took it apart! Take notes. Draw pictures, etc.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I posted this in answer to your question on another website...

Start by a thorough polishing of all internal contacting metal parts. Use a high quality fine metal polish, a terry cloth rag, and Q-Tips. If you're good with, and careful with, a Dremel with its soft felt polishing wheel, you can use that as well. Do a detailed strip of the gun in order to polish all of the parts.

If necessary in your opinion, replace the connector with a lighter unit. Just make sure you get one made for the model 43. Ghost has connectors for the model 43. Their Edge connector gets good reviews.

Install a competition trigger spring to further reduce pull weight. I like the Wolf competition spring from GlockParts.com. This mod, in concert with the lighter connector, should get your 43 pull weight down to somewhere between 5 to 5 1/2 pounds.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought a used 43 last weekend. It was an older model and the trigger was pretty heavy compared to my 19. I checked the connector and it was the original so I replaced it with the new connector, Glock part # 33564. The trigger is now almost identical to my 19. For a carry gun I will only replace trigger components with stock Glock parts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
^^^

I swapped out the old connector for the new one and it's not what I would call a major change, but enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile. The break is still crisp but a bit "softer."

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Run about 1000 rounds thru it. Not only will it substantially smooth things out, you get the fun of trigger-time & the incalculable benefit of...practice! :image035:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Run about 1000 rounds thru it. Not only will it substantially smooth things out, you get the fun of trigger-time & the incalculable benefit of...practice! :image035:

I tried this method on a newly-purchased Glock 34 a couple years ago and it didn't work. Maybe I only ran a few hundred through it before I couldn't stand the gritty trigger any longer. Anyway, a careful polish job REALLY helped my trigger, plus it cost basically zero.

Maybe 1,000 rounds would have worked, LOL................ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sometimes it works BEST if you chemically strip every single, tiny bit of lubrication out of the gun beFORE running a bunch of the hottest, cheapest ammo you can find. It's an old trick that lets the parts deburr against the other mating, moving parts. Then a complete cleaning & a light lube in ONLY the factory-suggested locations. Give it a try. :image035:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I posted this in answer to your question on another website...

Start by a thorough polishing of all internal contacting metal parts. Use a high quality fine metal polish, a terry cloth rag, and Q-Tips. If you're good with, and careful with, a Dremel with its soft felt polishing wheel, you can use that as well. Do a detailed strip of the gun in order to polish all of the parts.

If necessary in your opinion, replace the connector with a lighter unit. Just make sure you get one made for the model 43. Ghost has connectors for the model 43. Their Edge connector gets good reviews.

Install a competition trigger spring to further reduce pull weight. I like the Wolf competition spring from GlockParts.com. This mod, in concert with the lighter connector, should get your 43 pull weight down to somewhere between 5 to 5 1/2 pounds.

Hope this helps.
There is no competition trigger spring for the 43 like the 6lb. one that you can put in a 17, 19, 26, 27, etc. I have one of the first 43's made. I tried both the Ghost Edge and the new model OEM Connector in mine, and liked the Edge better. I also did a careful 25 cent trigger job. I'm very happy with my 43's trigger now, it breaks clean, for a Glock, at 4.5 lbs. I am NOT worried about it in a self defense situation at all. If I put my finger on the trigger, I intend for the gun to fire. Of course, everyone has to make their own choices about this. I want to stress that I did the 25 cent trigger job very carefully, only polished, I did not remove metal with a Dremel or any tools. Just read, watch how it's done, and be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with an overwatch precision trigger and ghost pro springs and connector. Night and day difference. The G43 is a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
There is no competition trigger spring for the 43 like the 6lb. one that you can put in a 17, 19, 26, 27, etc. I have one of the first 43's made. I tried both the Ghost Edge and the new model OEM Connector in mine, and liked the Edge better. I also did a careful 25 cent trigger job. I'm very happy with my 43's trigger now, it breaks clean, for a Glock, at 4.5 lbs. I am NOT worried about it in a self defense situation at all. If I put my finger on the trigger, I intend for the gun to fire. Of course, everyone has to make their own choices about this. I want to stress that I did the 25 cent trigger job very carefully, only polished, I did not remove metal with a Dremel or any tools. Just read, watch how it's done, and be careful.

After I wrote that I did a little looking around and I think you can use the 6-pound Wolf trigger spring... but I'm not sure. If you've got better info that I was able to find then I'll go with your findings.

"I am NOT worried about it in a self defense situation at all. If I put my finger on the trigger, I intend for the gun to fire."

Absolutely correct. This is the essence of an affirmative defense, as we enjoy in my state.

Reactions: druryj

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
After I wrote that I did a little looking around and I think you can use the 6-pound Wolf trigger spring... but I'm not sure. If you've got better info that I was able to find then I'll go with your findings.

"I am NOT worried about it in a self defense situation at all. If I put my finger on the trigger, I intend for the gun to fire."

Absolutely correct. This is the essence of an affirmative defense, as we enjoy in my state.
You can't use the Wolff trigger spring (like you can in a 19 for example) in the 43; the whole connector/spring set up is different.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts