Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to post a video regarding my G43 trigger issue. I purchasd this gun when they first came out in 2015. The trigger has always been bad. I have the typical spongy take up and then I hit the wall. Here is where the problem/issue starts. It feels like the trigger catches on something and then it breaks. I tried to correct the problem by replacing the connector from the original to the 5.5 lb OEM and It has not helped. I am accurate with the gun but I have to work around this issue that none of my other Glocks have.

I almost feel like the gun is warped or not properly aligned because I can squeeze the frame and the slide of the gun together while pulling the trigger back and I dont get that "catch". There are no obvious burr marks on the trigger bar that rides over the safety plunger.

I have done the .25 cent trigger job and cleaned out the firing pin safety plunger housing and the firing pin channel. Hopefully I am using the correct terminology. I have only put three to four hundred or so rounds through it and the firing pin channel was super dirty and had a ton of brass shavings in it.

Looking for anyone who had a similar issue. The Glock Rep I spoke to on the phone was not very helpful.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnrpgjGWGMeSXBrYjFKbklCQ1U/view?usp=sharing[/video]

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Your terminology sounds fine. :yup:
Tons of brass shavings in the firing pin channel AFTER the initial removal of the (sometimes) copper-colored paste that GLOCK ships them with? That's strange all by itself. Also, you're not likely gonna' be able to squeeze that slide (from the sides) enough to change much goin' on inside the gun. Look for any burrs/nicks on the safety plunger itself. Worst case? Sent it to Bowie Tactical for a trigger job. David (Bowie) is among the best GLOCK plumbers around.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
863 Posts
I suggest you take your Glock to a Certified Glock Armorer to have it checked out. Also trying calling Glock again - hopefully you will get a better person.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I've been a Glock fan and owner (last duty gun was a Gen 3 G17) and think they are great guns
for the most part, but not so much the G43..or even the G42,

A G26/27/33 is as small a Glock as I want.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to give Glock another call. I think the frame of the pistol is not aligned properly. I notice on the right side of the pistol the plastic frame bows out slightly . I can actually see the trigger bar moving back and forth. If i place my finger on the plastic portion of the frame and push in with a little bit of pressure, the trigger will not "catch".

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnrpgjGWGMeTTF1cGlIbmp4VDQ/view?usp=sharing[/video]

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Sounds similar to the trigger in mine. I went back to the factory trigger because the ghost connector wasn't working right in it. Factory trigger may not be a nice pull, but as least I feel comfortable using it. I didn't feel comfortable using the ghost in it. Mine doesn't have any bowing in it though. At least not that's noticeable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am no fan of Glock and that is no secrete, but they do make quality handguns and they are reliable. I have owned one and shot a few others but this sounds like a defective gun!!! Being able to squeeze the sides of the gun while firing and noticing it flex just seems wrong, I don't like any Glock triggers but again this sounds wrong and I would be calling Glock and or taking it to a gunsmith just for a once over before I do maybe they would even call Glock for you.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I suggest you take your Glock to a Certified Glock Armorer....
:haha: IMHO, that's anyone with a Dremel tool & a blunted finishing nail. :yup:
GLOCK isn't going to put much more credence in their opinion than in YOUR opinion. Call GLOCK Customer Service until they have to build a personal FILE...on YOU!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts