Defensive Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Unless you are completely committed to Glock, try the Sig P365. Its the same size as the 43 but the capacity of the G26. Its a dream to conceal.

I'd also suggest a quality nylon belt, like 5.11 or others, you will never be sorry.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
There is too much personal fit and feel so a recommendation is near impossible. I don't like the short and fat Glocks because the hump just seems in a weird place but, that is me not you so try them all out.
OWB does not mean a larger gun for me it just means more comfort and faster access so I have even carried my 642 OWB'
Barrel length matters a lot for concealed OWB for me so I am not constantly tugging a t shirt down during the day. I find grip length to be less important so you see I am the anti internet wisdom guy. You can hide a lot of grip with a high and tight pancake.
My favorite OWB carry is this Walther PPS with the longer 8 round magazine ( I find my draws faster and more positive with a full fingered grip) and this holster rides less than an inch below the belt and hugs the gun in tight partly because of the lighter mag weight and partly because I use wider (1.75) belts which helps with vertical control of the gun and keeps it from trying to tip outboard.
PPS OWB side.jpg
PPS pancake front.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is too much personal fit and feel so a recommendation is near impossible. I don't like the short and fat Glocks because the hump just seems in a weird place but, that is me not you so try them all out.
OWB does not mean a larger gun for me it just means more comfort and faster access so I have even carried my 642 OWB'
Barrel length matters a lot for concealed OWB for me so I am not constantly tugging a t shirt down during the day. I find grip length to be less important so you see I am the anti internet wisdom guy. You can hide a lot of grip with a high and tight pancake.
My favorite OWB carry is this Walther PPS with the longer 8 round magazine ( I find my draws faster and more positive with a full fingered grip) and this holster rides less than an inch below the belt and hugs the gun in tight partly because of the lighter mag weight and partly because I use wider (1.75) belts which helps with vertical control of the gun and keeps it from trying to tip outboard.
View attachment 326936
View attachment 326938
This looks like a great setup! What belt and holster are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use a dual -layered nylon belt 1.5" wide with High Noon Reaction Lite Kydex holsters and it works fine for me. I don't have a 9mm that is more concealable than the G26 and that includes the P365 and XDS. The P365 is more comfortable to carry because it is thinner but the grip height catches my t-shirt more than the G26.

The P365 has more muzzle flip with recoil and I can get my pinky on the grip, but the G26 is such a soft shooter that I don't mind shooting with my pinky curled under. I like the flexibility of the G26 being able to use 10-100 round mags with it (but I'll stick with my G19 15-rounders for reloads) and it's dependability as well as the fact that I can feed it a steady diet of P+ or +P+.

It is a little thick and a little heavy, but if you can handle that then the G26 is going to serve you well.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
This looks like a great setup! What belt and holster are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a 1.75" wide 5.11 brand "Operator" model. Nylon with Velcro adjustment. The holster is not marked and I assume home made? I bought it and another new 8 round magazine for the PPS on a Gunbroker auction for $1. Nobody else bid.

PS. A high ride holster works best with a lighter magazine so if you want a high ride with a heavier gun look to a thicker leather belt. This is a good company for a high ride pancake holster but, he will give you the same advice about a stiff belt depending on your guns weight of course.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - High Slide

·
Registered
97 Posts
If starting from scratch (i.e. no double stack Glocks), the 43X with the Shield 15rd mag is hard to beat. Nylon belt wise, I recommend the Galco reinforced or Wilderness Tactical. Both of these have been around for years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As normal, carry choice is all just personal opinion. There is no "best" of anything.

The Glock 26 is a great carry gun for many people. Other people like me hate it. I have a friend who owns one, but seldom carries it, so I can shoot one anytime I want. It feels and shoots like a little brick in my own hands. I wouldn't take one free if the stipulation was that I had to carry it.

I have two Glock 43s and after I bought them they quickly became my favorite Glocks, which I like even more than my G19s. They were my warm weather carry guns for several years. But, now they have mostly been displaced by my Sig P365. Great gun which has operated perfectly for me for just under 2,000 rounds. But that's just me.

I'm thankful that we have so many choices in quality handguns that each shooter can find what they like best. OP, may you shoot your own choice in good health.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts