Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g26. Can't seem to comfortably conceal it to save my life. So I'm considering a single stack. Between the xds and 43 what would you recommend and why?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If you are going.to pocket it get the 43. If you are looking for a belt gun I would get the XDS 4.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I would also plan on spending $80 on a good belt and $100 on a good holster.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have had both. I got rid of the XDS within the month of owning it. I have two G43. Out of the two of them the G43 hands down. However I carry my Shield much more as it is only slightly larger and carries 9+1. That is a clear advantage. The Shield and the G43 conceal basically the same

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had both. I got rid of the XDS within the month of owning it. I have two G43. Out of the two of them the G43 hands down. However I carry my Shield much more as it is only slightly larger and carries 9+1. That is a clear advantage. The Shield and the G43 conceal basically the same
Why did you choose the glock over the xds? And you only go with shield because of capacity? I currently have a glock 26 but I feel it may be too wide for me to comfortably conceal. Or what I would say is comfortable to me

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going.to pocket it get the 43. If you are looking for a belt gun I would get the XDS 4.0

Belt gun mainly, but looking to appendix carry. May pocket carry if I find I like that but haven't ever tried it

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If you are looking for appendix don't get the 4.0. Are you sure that you want to appendix carry? It works great for some but doesn't work at all for others. I'm getting a hint that you probably haven't carried much and don't know that I would start out with an appendix rig.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I really like the XDS, although I haven't shot one yet. My vote is for XDS. Especially right now! Springfield is running a special. FOUR FREE MAGS a holster and mag pouch with the purchase of a gun! FOUR FREE MAGS!!!! I wish I didn't just total out my wife's van. I would seriously consider getting one. Big sales at sportsman's outdoor super store too.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have a g26. Can't seem to comfortably conceal it to save my life. So I'm considering a single stack. Between the xds and 43 what would you recommend and why?
Didnt you purchase a Shield? Anyhow, this is one of the main reasons I didnt suggest the G26/G27 and why I unloaded my P07. They are just to thick for a comfortable CC. At least the P07 was for me. It was also about 1/4"-1/2" to big in height and width. My Sr9c works perfect for CC.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the XDS, although I haven't shot one yet. My vote is for XDS. Especially right now! Springfield is running a special. FOUR FREE MAGS a holster and mag pouch with the purchase of a gun! FOUR FREE MAGS!!!! I wish I didn't just total out my wife's van. I would seriously consider getting one. Big sales at sportsman's outdoor super store too.
Where are you getting this info? I can't seem to find anything on this

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Where are you getting this info? I can't seem to find anything on this
That was their "Gear Up" promotion that was advalible over a year ago... It has sense expired as far as I know. I'd choose Walther PPS(M2) or Shield first. It's a toss up with the XDs and G43. If it's a belt gun, and you don't mind a little bit of extra weight, I'd get the XDs; otherwise, get the G43. Better yet, I'm willing to bet that I'm a smaller guy than you, but I EDC my XD Mod2 in a Kydex hostler on my strong side, with a spare mag on my belt on my week side without a problem. That's with a heavier gun than the G26, and with carrying 30 rounds o my waste. The G26 is a small gun, and IMHO, if you have problems concealing and carrying comfortable, the problem is with your method of carry, e.i., your holster type and placement, gun belt, etc, and not the gun its self...

[EDIT] https://www.slickguns.com/product/r...springfield-purchase-any-new-springfield-armo and http://springfieldpromo.com/ The XD is a much better deal with the free mags. I did the same promotion with my Mod2 and got free mags, holster, mag loader, and range bag within a month and a half later. You can even redeem the rebate online w/o using snail mail...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ahhhh, saw your other thread Firearmjunky22. Why didnt you just keep the shield?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After shooting it I wasn't convinced I liked it. And I really really wanted the 26 but didn't think it would be a big difference to carry it
This time around, are you actually go and shoot the 43 and xd before buying one?
No option of doing that around here. My friend has an xds 4.0. I've shot it and I like it. But don't know if the 43 would be better

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've owned a glock 43, xds, kahr cm9, sig p938, and lately a performance center shield

I like and shoot the performance center shield the best. In side by side shooting there was no contest, the PC shield was shooting in the same quarter sized hole at 8 yards consistently.

Without actually shooting them side by side, I would have no data by which to distinguish them. They're all great when you're holding them in your living room. The range performance in your hand will tell all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why did you choose the glock over the xds? And you only go with shield because of capacity? I currently have a glock 26 but I feel it may be too wide for me to comfortably conceal. Or what I would say is comfortable to me
I didn't care for how heavy the XDS was. I purchased the XDS 9mm and .45 XDS at the same time. I shot the .45 "better" than the 9mm XDS. Meaning I was more accurate with it. I then bought a 43 because it was smaller, lighter and a Glock. (I am Glock armorer). I could not warm up to the XDS 9mm due to the weight and "lack" of capacity. I decided at that point I wasn't thrilled with the 6 round capacity of the G43. I did add a +1 and +2 mag extension. I had major issues with those in the beginning. Then my LGS got in a PC Shield. I purchased that and with the MagGuts I could have 9 rounds + 1 in the chamber. It was lightweight, shot great and I did the recoil spring assembly change and I was hooked. I then got rid of the XDS in .45 and replaced it with the Shield .45. I like the MP line so I also picked up the MP .45c and the MP 9c as well. You already know I carry OWB. The 43 and Shield let me carry IWB when I have to and I use the Vedder Lighttuck for that.
My wife loved my G43 so I got her one of my own and when we are out together we both carry the same G43. This way if anything happens to me she could be proficient with the weapon I was carrying. Hence why I have 2 of those.
Having said that she does know how to use the Shield and I carry that 90% of the time OWB.

·
Registered
822 Posts
After shooting it I wasn't convinced I liked it. And I really really wanted the 26 but didn't think it would be a big difference to carry it
Yeah, the 26 is fat gun in my opinion. Thickness is probably the worst thing when trying to carry.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts