Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Glock model 37 in 45GAP recently and went to the range the other day. I have to say this is the sweetest shooting pistol I have ever shot. Points well for me, low recoil and just feels right. I know lots of people don't see the need for the Gap caliber but for my needs it is wonderful. Just wanted to share the joy.
Mike :smile:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
GREAT news to place up here Mike. I was thinking of the Model 39, as it's the same size as the Glock 26, but less mag capacity. If you can, why not do a range report with the gun, utilizing the targets, the gun, and test rounds, plus pics.....Looking forward to seeing more info on it

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
makes sense to me, same performance(or darn near) as the .45 aCP, but in a shorter casing. Questions I have are,1 will they cause KB's more often , due to the smaller casing space , 2 will the caliber become popular and stick around or go the way of the Bren 10 and other less sucessful calibers (I.E. .38 super, .41 mag. )

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I have a G29 10MM with the 357 Sig BBl for it.
I'd say the 45GAP will stick around for a while..

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have felt totally ambivalent over the GAP offering - tho it seems that over time it is gaining acceptance.

I doubt I'll ever go that route myself but hey - sure gives more scope for ''caliber wars'' LOL!!

.45acp vs .45 GAP :biggrin:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Trying new things

The current issue of Handguns Magazine has a good report on the Glock 38 in .45 GAP. The cartridge seems to have potential. I have been concentrating on proficiency with the .40 S&W, so I'm not a good judge of the .45 ACP vs .45 GAP. However, new products and trying new ideas is always good to my way of thinking. Enjoy the new aquisition and shoot safe.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
38 super is still around and pretty popular unlike the other calibers ya listed

I personally see no need for the 45gap but if it works for you hats all that matters

·
Registered
742 Posts
Shot an SA XD in gap the other day. IF I were going to buy a gun in that caliber, the SA would be the one.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Bud White said:
I personally see no need for the 45gap but if it works for you hats all that matters
Yeah, either it can be done by a .40 or a 45. I think the 9mm is good for sub-guns and specialty applications OTHER than Law Enforcement or self defense. I have a 9mm simply because it is a NATO round and theoretically available worldwide. But the .45 GAP is the answer to a question that has not been asked.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'm just curious as to the size of the G39. I'm waiting to see one filter in through the shop in Maine. It' supposed to be the same size as the G26 9mm. If so, it's a real good consideration for either a Primary, or BUG..

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[Questions I have are,1 will they cause KB's more often , due to the smaller casing space , 2 will the caliber become popular and stick around or go the way of the Bren 10 and other less sucessful calibers (I.E. .38 super, .41 mag. )[/QUOTE]

Rocky I don't know how much reading you have done on the GAP but the cases have been beefed up and unlike the cal not running at near has high a pressure so KBs should not be a problem. As to the Caliber sticking around only time will tell. But I am betting this is going to catch on and will be around awhile.
Mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Class3NH
I am also curious to lay hands on a G39. I think there may be a spot for one on my belt.
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts