Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really wanted a glock 43/26 for EDC. I am not new to guns by any means, but i have never owned a Glock and wanted to know how all of you carry yours? One in the chamber or no? Its obvious as everyone knows that glocks do not have a safety and i like to carry with a round in chamber. Just wanted opinions from everyone. Right now during cold weather i carry a Beretta PX4 Storm compact in blackhawk serpa holster (nice gun but very bulky). And just purchased a Bersa Thunder 380 CC for warm weather....(had to check out the bersa for that price and all the hype) awesome little gun for the money. Anyways, appreciate you opinions. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Been carrying Glocks with one in the pipe since 1989 with no problems. The safety is between your ears!:image035:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Glock 26 round in chamber (always!) 147 grain Gold Dot. Glock 43 147 grain Gold Dot.
My carry ammo will vary. It depends on what I find & where I find it, my only constant being with 9mm carry ammo its always hollow point.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Glocks aren't the hair trigger death traps that far too many anti-gunners, buffoons and people that just listened to others on the internet made/make them out to be. If they were military units and law enforcement agencies worldwide wouldn't issue them. Like any gun, keep your finger off the bang switch and don't play cowboys and indians with it and you'll be fine. You don't have time to rack a round in when you're being carjacked or otherwise assaulted.

·
Super Moderator
24,980 Posts
Yes, of course. First, it is safe, second, it will take a moment to charge the pistol if needed, third, it takes, generally, two hands to charge the pistol.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have really wanted a glock 43/26 for EDC. I am not new to guns by any means, but i have never owned a Glock and wanted to know how all of you carry yours? One in the chamber or no? Its obvious as everyone knows that glocks do not have a safety and i like to carry with a round in chamber. Just wanted opinions from everyone. Right now during cold weather i carry a Beretta PX4 Storm compact in blackhawk serpa holster (nice gun but very bulky). And just purchased a Bersa Thunder 380 CC for warm weather....(had to check out the bersa for that price and all the hype) awesome little gun for the money. Anyways, appreciate you opinions. Thank you!
Glocks do, indeed, have safeties. There are three of them. Though they are not external, they are there.
https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action
The fourth safety, as has been mentioned, is between ones' ears.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
A round in the chamber?
Sounds scary. lol

Besides the safeties Glock says they have, and the one between your ears, a little dexterity goes a long way in preventing accidents. Or if you don't have natural dexterity, then deliberation in your moves.

Think the movie Something about Mary. The beginning, when Stiller is taking Diaz to the prom and has to use the bathroom.
Then think back...

Deliberation in your moves :yup:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Glocks aren't the hair trigger death traps that far too many anti-gunners, buffoons and people that just listened to others on the internet made/make them out to be. If they were military units and law enforcement agencies worldwide wouldn't issue them. Like any gun, keep your finger off the bang switch and don't play cowboys and indians with it and you'll be fine. You don't have time to rack a round in when you're being carjacked or otherwise assaulted.
libs are truly amazing, aren't they?
if they knew anything about what they were in fear of, they'd realize that revolvers don't have "safeties" either
when Glock started marketing their guns in the USA, the idiots were running around panicked that the guns couldn't be detected by x-ray machines at airports
THE SKY IS FALLING!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holsters? Hip carry? Front carry? Inside wasteband? Which one you carry? I should be more specific. And yes I understand using the thing between my ears. Got it. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Unless you are very good at Isreal carry ( ie cock on the draw ) just carry in a normal holster ...I would not mexchian carry or clip carry ..But as long as the trigger is covered you are fine ....

I normal like OWB or IWB but really it is what you are comffy with

Yes they have been "incidents " but it was something like the guy had a old worn out holster so when he re holster the leather flop into the trigger guard and hit the trigger or the guy jamed them into the front of his gym shorts and well you can guess what happen next

As for carrying any gun use you head check your gear and practice

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Always +1. Otherwise your just carrying an expensive paperweight. My HD guns are also +1 so we don't have to "think" about it when the backdoor gets smashed in at 2:00 AM.

Reactions: Mr.StubeyKC

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
when Glock started marketing their guns in the USA, the idiots were running around panicked that the guns couldn't be detected by x-ray machines at airports
THE SKY IS FALLING!!

I honestly remember this. I remember seeing them talk about it on the news and I remember hearing the line in Die Hard 2.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Well, heck, at least Glock has made effort over the years to put out their safe action for educational purposes.

What about Smith & Wesson? - what have they done to educate us about their M&P striker action? What about Ruger with their LC9s and the LCP 2 with the cocked and dongled triggers? What about Khar and Sig striker actions?

Springfield puts a to the point grip dongle and a trigger dongle on their cocked striker guns.

Trigger discipline will continue to be the state of the art no matter what the gun manufacturers come up with next.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts