Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
That's gone leave mark. I wonder why they think is was the ammo. My first thought was out of battery. If it was ammo I hope they come out with brand and lot numbers. That's one of the reasons I handload. I trust me more than some unknown factory worker.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Did he point that gun at her or is my vision that bad?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Did he point that guns at her or is my vision that bad?
Yes, he swept her at least twice. It would appear that the force of the round when down (ie through the trigger assemble) and also blew the chamber area out. Could there have been a short round (little to no power) followed by a fully charged round. It kinda looks like the 12ga. barrel that I saw that someone had loaded a 20ga shell in then thinking that a shell had not loaded pumped a 12ga round into the chamber and bang barrel deformed. Though I would say this looks a bit worst and most likely the deputy will have more damage than the guy who shot the shotgun.

I agree "IT WILL leave a mark!!":aargh4:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Man, in all my experience with Glock I never saw one KB that bad; I have seen the mag bottoms blown out, in one case the Slide/Barrel got bulged, but never the cracked frame all the way through like that.

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
Actually I guess you could say that he swept her with a former "what was at one time a gun" since the firearm was inert and had no trigger and the internal parts were blown out.

Did he point that gun at her or is my vision that bad?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Ok, I get the whole safe direction thing with firearms and I was always a real safety zealot on the range. However, that twisted wreckage was about as lethal as an empty office stapler.
Regards,

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Anytime I hear of a firearm failure the first thing I look at is ammo especially if
it's hand loaded.Long time re loaders please don't take offense as I believe Stevew position most of the time.Ibetting some desk jockey purchased some
lead ammo.I have a 3ard generation glocks and if my memory is correct the manufacture recommends full metal jacket bullets so there's no catastrophes failure
Every time there a piece blows up from misuses it seems to be a glock.Then when you start reading the follow up articles that says it's not the guns fault,
operator error 99% of the time !

·
Registered
384 Posts
I hope he isn't too seriously injured.

I was loading my P232 with factory ammo and almost loaded one that had the side of the case crushed by the bullet.

I don't know what would happen if I fired it. I'll probably pull the bullet.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Ok we get it, Glocks are bad guns.......please everyone forward your Glock handguns to my address for proper disposal!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The reporter does say:

Cecile says it was the first time the 45 caliber pistol has ever been used
Firing out of battery?

·
Banned
67 Posts
This is turning out to be the typical Glock, "Kaboom Thread". A lot of talk, along with what amounts to be worthless opinions, except for the lead article, which is speculative at best, sketchy in fact. When and IF anything ever becomes of it, (seldom they ever do), let us know. Bill T.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I think they got hold of some bad ammo...

·
Registered
764 Posts
That makes me realise how lucky I am, I had a Jimenez 9mm blow up on me one time with less than 100 rounds through it. I was young and stupid and it was my first and only Saturday night special, The slide blew off and came less than an inch from taking my face along with it. Don't have any experience with Glock but if I ever met the Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez, creator I would shoot him on the spot just on principle. Worst guns out there.

·
Registered
41,580 Posts
Dented ammo isn't a big deal as long as it chambers. Many semi's (Ar-15 are nortorious for denting fired cases) tend to dent the ejected cases. It reforms to the chamber when fired. If it won't camber, toss it. Doubts? Toss it. How important is one round.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok, I get the whole safe direction thing with firearms and I was always a real safety zealot on the range. However, that twisted wreckage was about as lethal as an empty office stapler.
Regards,
Yes,
but all the same I would not recommend careless handling.

Hope the officer recovers well.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Ammo problem in my book...I'm just sayin'...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.