Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one at my LGS used for $500, comes with a grip sleeve and NS I have inspected underneath the slide and it has been polished, barrel looks good, everything, cleaner than a cat's (fill in the blank), good deal/no deal? I am surprised the gun is still there, last time I was in there is when I first noticed it. Then I got to ask myself, do I really, truly need a 45 in my collection. I have 40's and couple of 357sigs, (when does the madness stop?).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say the reason it's still there is $500 is $50-100 too much.

I paid $400 for my "used" G26 that had never been fired. My LGS regularly sells used Glocks in the $350-450 range.
Yea, I guess it all boils down to what the market will bear in your locale... At the same Gun Shop they had a new G27 Gen 4 on sale for $505.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A pristine 30S used ... In these parts would sell fast at $500.00
Yes, this G30S I would say is pristine. The fellow who is selling it also works there.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yea, I guess it all boils down to what the market will bear in your locale... At the same Gun Shop they had a new G27 Gen 4 on sale for $505.

That my point - $505 for a new Glock 27 is a pretty good deal; the same price for a used 30s is too much. When new, the 30S only costs a bit more than the 27.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
A pristine 30S used ... In these parts would sell fast at $500.00
Yep. In that condition with the night sights, that's an average price for any of the used Glock 45/10mm framed pistols.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Not a steal, but a fair price, especially with the night sights which cost an extra approx $100 depending on what brand you buy. I very recently sold my pristine G26 with 4 mags and 4 Pearce base plates with pinkie extensions plus older night sights and extended slide stop and extended mag release...for $500. I wanted more than that, but the guy who bought it belongs to our shooting club and is a really nice man, so I know my "Baby" went to a loving home.

You could offer $450 and see what they say. It never hurts to ask.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
A new Glock 30S at a LGS was priced at 550.00 . A Gen 3 27 & 26 was 489.00 ... The salesman told me , first 30S they have had in stock for awhile ..

·
Registered
577 Posts
I paid $550 for my new 30S a few months ago. It has become my favorite Glock (and almost my favorite 45 acp pistol). I also have a G21SF. The 30S is more accurate for me. If yo don't have a 45, the 30S is a great way to break into that caliber.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
How do you have such intimate knowledge of the cleanliness of a cat's (blank)? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

The 30's are great shooters, go for it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody know the true barrel length of the 30s? I know it is listed as 3.77" but is this an overall length to include the chamber I assume, right?

Edit: Yes, so after measuring the barrel on my G23 the barrel is listed as 4.01" but in reality it isn't. If you factor in the chamber than it is 4.01" or as an overall length but the barrel itself it is probably around 3" (using a tape measure not exactly an exact measuring method). This is a different than revolvers when the Ruger GP100 e.g. is listed with a 4" barrel you are indeed getting a 4" barrel. Splitting hairs? Maybe not if one makes it their obssesion regarding loads and balistics. For the Simpletons like most of us, probably not...

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Anybody know the true barrel length of the 30s? I know it is listed as 3.77" but is this an overall length to include the chamber I assume, right?

Edit: Yes, so after measuring the barrel on my G23 the barrel is listed as 4.01" but in reality it isn't. If you factor in the chamber than it is 4.01" or as an overall length but the barrel itself it is probably around 3" (using a tape measure not exactly an exact measuring method). This is a different than revolvers when the Ruger GP100 e.g. is listed with a 4" barrel you are indeed getting a 4" barrel. Splitting hairs? Maybe not if one makes it their obssesion regarding loads and balistics. For the Simpletons like most of us, probably not...
That is pretty much the norm for barrel specs on autos. Revolvers give the true length.

Reactions: Rhodie2

·
Registered
933 Posts
Earlier this year, I purchased a Glock 30 S from Lou's Police in Hialeah. Their Blue Label price was $545 with stock sights. If you can pick up a slightly used one for $500 with NS, I think you should.

I enjoy shooting my G 30 S but I'm giving serious thought to selling it and my G 36. My G 36 and my G 30 S pinch my pinky when shooting. My second time shooting the G 30 S I had a bad blister for the pinching. My G19 does not cause me any issues. I'm guessing my hand does not work well with the grip in those two models.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I enjoy shooting my G 30 S but I'm giving serious thought to selling it and my G 36. My G 36 and my G 30 S pinch my pinky when shooting.
Same reason I sold my 30. Too bad, I really liked everything else about it.

Reactions: mwhartman

·
Registered
933 Posts
Same reason I sold my 30. Too bad, I really liked everything else about it.
What did you replace it with? I'm considering an H&K 45 c. I have the H&K 45 and the H&K Mark 23. Both are fun to shoot especially the Mark 23.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
What did you replace it with? I'm considering an H&K 45 c. I have the H&K 45 and the H&K Mark 23. Both are fun to shoot especially the Mark 23.
I went with my bread and butter, Sigs. Currently a P220 Carry, P227, and 1911 Compact Nickle. Some day I may pick up a G21 as well.

Reactions: mwhartman

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went into my LGS this afternoon to fill out the paperwork on a M&P 45c and saw that they still had that used G30s which this thread is all about. Well, I filled out the paperwork on the G30s and I'll pick it up Saturday... I have read online that the 30s will fit most (not all mind you) holsters that were made for the g19/23/32 platform so I am looking forward to seeing if it fits my JM Custom Kydex AWIB for my G23 and my G23 shell for my Comp-Tac Minotaur... The gun is fitted with Trijicon Night Sights but they appear to be the lower end of Trijicon offerings. I took the gun into the bathroom to look at the sights at the approval of the gunshop and to be honest, my Meprolights that came stock on my HK P2000sk LE and my Sig P229CA were a heck of light brighter. All in all I think I did ok. If that G30s was gone I probably would have purchased the M&P 45c. I did look at their offerings in P320 they had onhand but no 45's which I was in the market for.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not aware of any low end Trijicons. They are all made with the exact same tritium. The fact that it's a used pistol with older sights is why they aren't as bright as new. They all have a half like of around 12 years so they will gradually and continually get dimmer over time. All Trijicons have a two number date code printed on the sights that tell you when they were manufactured. There will be a T logo followed by H3 the symbol for tritium and then two numbers indicating they year they were made. Enjoy your new guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts