Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part two I guess. Not getting into a 9mm vs 45acp argument here, but I've already asked about KelTec PF9 for carry. The G36 is my other option I am considering. Opinions from those who carry a G36 are valued here. Thanks

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
G36 a good choice

The Glock 36 has become one of my favorite carry guns over the past year since I bought it. I like .45 caliber for defense, and the G36 has been very accurate and reliable for me. I like its thin grip, easy concealability, light weight and DAO trigger. I carry it with one spare magazine and a belt holster behind the hip.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I scratched my itch and picked up my Glock 36 from layaway finally!!

I haven't shot it yet but I'll tell you this:

All day I was wearing my G19 IWB. Right after I got the 36 I dropped it into the same holster (yes, the 19, 26 and 36 all share one holster!) and I was like "whoa".

You would never think that just a few fractions of an inch shaved off the frame and handle can make a difference. I will tell you now: it does!! It's a noticeable difference in comfort IWB right off the bat! I swapped it out with my 26. Less comfortable. 36 back on. Wow! The 36 definitely gets the nod in the comfort department.

First take on concealability is it conceals more like the 26 than the 19 even though from the side it looks almost identical to the 19. The slimmer profile helps it blend better. I'm not 100% sure yet. A week of rotating my Glocks will prove it out.

I will be wearing it all week and shooting it. So a separate 19 vs 26 vs 36 thread is incoming.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Glock 36 is a slim 45 that subjectively recoils less than it should.
IMO the 36 beats the PF9 in every way except price.
And yes, I did own a PF9 before.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I scratched my itch and picked up my Glock 36 from layaway finally!!

I haven't shot it yet but I'll tell you this:

All day I was wearing my G19 IWB. Right after I got the 36 I dropped it into the same holster (yes, the 19, 26 and 36 all share one holster!) and I was like "whoa".

You would never think that just a few fractions of an inch shaved off the frame and handle can make a difference. I will tell you now: it does!! It's a noticeable difference in comfort IWB right off the bat! I swapped it out with my 26. Less comfortable. 36 back on. Wow! The 36 definitely gets the nod in the comfort department.

First take on concealability is it conceals more like the 26 than the 19 even though from the side it looks almost identical to the 19. The slimmer profile helps it blend better. I'm not 100% sure yet. A week of rotating my Glocks will prove it out.

I will be wearing it all week and shooting it. So a separate 19 vs 26 vs 36 thread is incoming.

Thanks to the kindness of a member of this forum who lent me a HighNoon Public Secret that he used for his G 23, I'm able to affirm that I was able to carry my G 36 and G 19 in that particular holster. A very nice advantage, IMO.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like the G36 too. I'm a 10mm fan at heart and my favorite CC pistol is the G29 but it is a little bulky to conceal with some clothes so I found myself carrying a 380 more than I'd like to admit. The G36 solved that problem for me. It's small enough to conceal easily, it packs a respectable punch and it's very accurate and controllable.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I've had my G36 for several years. I like it better than the other Glocks I've had, but it seems I rarely carry it. It is a great size carry gun and handles the 45 round very well. I shoot the G36 well enough to defend myself with it, and I do carry it on occasion, but I've had other similar size guns a lot longer that I seem to shoot much better. I have 4 mags for mine and I have pearce +1 extensions on 2 of them. Perhaps my next range trip I need to take it out and work with it.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I'll add, Kel-Tec advertises that their firearms have a life expected life of 6,000 rounds or more.
Kel Tec CNC

The expected life of a Glock is :thinking: :ponder: :blink: :popout:

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and like it.
It's just that PF9 < Glock 36

·
Registered
132 Posts
Kel-Tec might last 6000 rounds, but how many will FTF? Spend $100 more and rest easy with a Glock, plus depreciation is nearly zero while you will need to giveaway the Kel-Tec when you want to trade it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I have a G36 and am in the minority. I like everything about the G36, but the way it carries. I don't have anymore problem carrying a G22 than a G36. A 1911 it way easier to conceal and more comfortable to carry to me. Low round count, thick as a brick. Easy to pinch my hand with reloads. If I had to carry one of the small Glocks I would probably go with the G26.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'd suggest figuring out a way to fire one before settling on it.

A friend of mine offered me his G27 for sale, because he was reducing calibers. We took it to the range, and I just could not get used to it in my hand -- something I found odd because I carry my PM9 as often as I do anything else. After about 40 or 50 rounds though I told him I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'll add, Kel-Tec advertises that their firearms have a life expected life of 6,000 rounds or more.
Kel Tec CNC

That's amazing to me .... only 6K? Why bother buying that? How on earth does their marketing department not commit hari-kari on those numbers? Never heard of a gun that is expected to last only 6K rounds.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
This is my case also!!!! Glock 36 tops all the IWB carries I have tried and it just shoots great also!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Kel Tec CNC

Yup and when you wear it out, they will replace it for free from what I have heard and read that some people have done. God Bless :smile:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a Glock but I think there was another thread on here that there are not a lot of holsters available for it. I might be wrong on that though.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a Glock but I think there was another thread on here that there are not a lot of holsters available for it. I might be wrong on that though.
Not true. If your holster fits a Glock 19 or 23 it will fit the 36. I know because that's what I'm using right now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts