Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been in the market for a Glock 19 Gen 4 but I recently saw some news about the FBI getting a Gen 5 Glock 17 (or G17M). Anyone hear any updates and if it's worth waiting for or should I simply purchase the Glock 19 Gen 4?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So far all I've hear is that the FBI is testing g17s, some supposed images and speculation.

I'm interested because lefty, I went ahead and got a 19 gen 4 because I know the vetting process will take a while and I like to make sure I get the best of the new releases.

I prefer to let the masses sort out the bad ones if there truly is such a thing.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You might find out soon. Shot Show starts the 17th of this month. If Glock wants to make a big announcement then Shot Show is where it would usually happen.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
The guns as I understand it are gen 4 texturt guns with no finger groves no sure past that ..So more of a gen 1 or 2 guns with gen 4 ideas on it as far as I have head what it really is ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
After looking at the link OD* posted, "changes in the rifling" has me curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
After looking at the link OD* posted, "changes in the rifling" has me curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reqs listed in the conatc was not for Polgygon rifling was they changed it to normal rifleing ..Why ? But good for re loaders and the like I guess

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Why the gov't would want conventional rifling over polygonal is beyond me. Easily to clean and is arguably better? It's not like there shooting non jacketed bullets and reloads. I'm interested in that.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Get a used GLOCK 19 Gen 3 & use the savings to buy a...KKM barrel! :image035:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know I'm waiting for the Gen 5.....the only flaw with Glocks TO ME are the finger grooves. Hate them.
Plenty of people out there that will remove those for you and will look like factory.
That's what I plan on doing IF I ever buy the 19. AR is next :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Plenty of people out there that will remove those for you and will look like factory.
That's what I plan on doing IF I ever buy the 19. AR is next :)
Yep, they are removed from my 21SF. It would just look cleaner if it came like that from the factory.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Why the gov't would want conventional rifling over polygonal is beyond me. Easily to clean and is arguably better? It's not like there shooting non jacketed bullets and reloads. I'm interested in that.
They want that so forensic scientist can pair shot bullets with barrels.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
it is easier to identify which bullet was fired from what Glock, or any gun, with conventional rifling, Metro PD (Miami FL) was I think the first LE department to require that from Glock, it's called the Miami barrel.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
it is easier to identify which bullet was fired from what Glock, or any gun, with conventional rifling, Metro PD (Miami FL) was I think the first LE department to require that from Glock, it's called the Miami barrel.
Makes sense. Didn't know the polygons rifling was hard to trace back to a specific barrel.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Makes sense. Didn't know the polygons rifling was hard to trace back to a specific barrel.
and it is funny the Miami barrel was for the off duty Glock 26 that some officers were carrying, if you are off duty and have to shoot some one in self defense, are you going to deny it was you ? government management at it's best, LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts