Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've been looking into purchasing a Glock 23 I have come across alot of different internal parts that you can change out this kind of surprised me at first as I didn't know you can customize the Glock so extensively. Now I'm curious to the Glock owners out there have you ever tweaked with the internals in you're Glock? & if so can you explain the differences in the performance of the Glock? as to when it had standard internals vs. the upgraded internal parts.

·
Super Moderator
18,842 Posts
As I've been looking into purchasing a Glock 23 I have come across alot of different internal parts that you can change out this kind of surprised me at first as I didn't know you can customize the Glock so extensively. Now I'm curious to the Glock owners out there have you ever tweaked with the internals in you're Glock? & if so can you explain the differences in the performance of the Glock? as to when it had standard internals vs. the upgraded internal parts.

Oh no...!!!

Glock is now going the way of the 1911 with a cottage industry competing to provide all manner of "must have" parts for us to buy and install.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

There goes the vaunted Glock reliability.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
You don't need to upgrade internal parts on your Glock. If you want to do something to it polish the trigger bar and connector. That won't cost a thing and it can result in a smoother trigger pull. Suit yourself but I wouldn't start tacking unnecessary aftermarket stuff on your Glock.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I haven't changed anything on either of the Glocks I own/owned (22, 26, 27). I'm thinking about getting Truglo TFOs put on my 26 since it is my primary carry gun, if I get a 34 eventually I will probably change things as I would use it for competitions.

You are correct, there is a metric butt load of aftermarket vendors and products out there for Glocks.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Leave the Glock...stock, except for night sights and/or a light.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Oh, sure. Before you even fire it, new from the factory, send it to a gunsmith and have the entire gun re-worked just to make it function properly. That's just standard procedure... oh, wait a minute... I thought you said "1911"...

Sorry, just leave your GLOCK stock. It will work just fine.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
The only thing I do to a Glock is install night sights and a NY trigger (8#).

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Leave the Glock...stock, except for night sights or a light.
Agreed.....the only thing I "customize" on a Glock are the addition of night sights. Some folks want to slap aftermarket gizmo's and junk on their Austrian plastic but all you will get is problems with no increase in performance.

·
Registered
42,342 Posts
I "oranged" the stock sights and replaced the slide stop with the extended version. Nothing else needed to be changed.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I cleaned mine, then fired it a bunch of times, and then cleaned it again, and repeated this process several times. That's all I thought it needed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have pretty much come full circle since tasting the Glockade years ago. I started replacing everything with anything "to customize" my Glock. Reliability suffered! Now, I like night sights (for whatever reason), and Extended Slide Release. The trigger just gets better with time! Replace springs when weak, that's about it. I do reshape my grips to fit my hand.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Oh, sure. Before you even fire it, new from the factory, send it to a gunsmith and have the entire gun re-worked just to make it function properly. That's just standard procedure... oh, wait a minute... I thought you said "[SUB]1911 [/SUB]KelTec"...

Sorry, just leave your GLOCK stock. It will work just fine.
You meant KelTec... It's ok. I fixed it for you. ;-p
Bummer there's no strikethrough button. I tried various tag versions hoping it was there but just no button...oh well.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
GLOCK is perfection, don't mess with perfection. There is an old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've made one modification to my EDC GLOCK 19, holster wear (although very little considering it's been carried a lot). Haven't even done the "25 cent trigger job". The only thing I've considered changing is the sights.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My glock 22 was a former service weapon and had the 8lb NY trigger in it. So I swapped it for a "normal" 5.5 lb spring. I also gave it what one armorer calls a "combat action job", which is basically the .25 cent trigger polishing.

I also gave it the extended slide release.

The polymer guide rod is looking a little rough after the abuse this gun has seen, so I purchased an aftermarket steel guide rod, just haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

The Trijicon's are getting old as well and are fairly dim now (I checked and they are about 14 years old), so those will be replaced soon as well.

Otherwise it's still running strong. You should have seen the grime and dirt I cleaned out of this puppy, I don't think the gun had seen an armorer the whole time it was in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts