Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a PC9 carbine a while back but personal circumstances has delayed my getting to use it. It came with one 17 round magazine. I think I want to use Glock magazines because of availability and pricing. In my research, I find comments about only Glock model 17 mags will work and others saying any 9mm Glock magazine.

I'd like comments on Ruger vs Glock and which models of Glock will work with out modification. If this question has been brought up previously I apologize as I did not find it during a review of the past couple of years here in the “rifles and shotgun” forum.

TIA for your comments.

·
Super Moderator
19,883 Posts
Nearly any Glock double-stack mags will work, although I can't say with certainty the G26 10-rounders are long enough to fit.
I bought 24- and 31-round factory Glock mags for mine. The 31s are a bit long but are useful for competition, whereas the 24s to my eye seem to be the "right" size for the gun.

Do not feel you're confined to G17 mags!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Nearly any Glock double-stack mags will work, although I can't say with certainty the G26 10-rounders are long enough to fit.
I bought 24- and 31-round factory Glock mags for mine. The 31s are a bit long but are useful for competition, whereas the 24s to my eye seem to be the "right" size for the gun.

Do not feel you're confined to G17 mags!

I will second this.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I have not used mine either but I know that both the 17 round and 33 round fit in well. I have not tried the 10 rounders from my G26 yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If memory serves, the 10 rounders will fit... Last year I took mine to the range but forgot the mags.. My friend had his compact Glock which I think was a 26 and we used his mags....

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I'm surprised to find how many of us have this rifle. I just got mine a month or so ago and have only fired it once, using the Ruger mag that came with it, but I have a couple of Glock mags and was planning to install the well that supports the Glocks.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I haven't found any that Ive tried not to work. I have some 25's, 17's and 10's. All of them are aftermarket so it seems to tolerate most anything. Heavy gun but very reliable.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like mine too, but run the Ruger SR9 seventeen round mags. Promag makes a 30+ rounder that fits the SR9 magwell, but I’m not particularly interested.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
From G26-G18 all work fine. I like the Magpul ones as well they’ve been good to go with everything except non-lacquered steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts